airfare from USA

lpeguero

Aug 20, 2010
If commuting from any mainland US city to Santo Domingo on a regular basis, which would be cheapest?

edm7583

May 29, 2007
to be living in Miami

We have 3 airlines serving Santo Domingo from South Florida, so competition galore. Even a 3 hour drive for me to FLL airport seems more and more worth if if I get the $1.50 or $9 fares I get on Spirit. AA and JetBlue keep fares reasonable on these routes as well in order to stay remotely competitive with Spirit (figuring in add ons for baggage)

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
New York (JFK) has more...and less expensive flights than MIA, if you actually checked miamol!

I guess the COL is a little lower in So Fla??

You are correct about there being more flights from NYC. As far as cost of flights, that has been the case historically, but not so much recently. I just compared the cost for round trips from MIA-SDQ and JFK-SDQ on 3 seperate sets of dates in May, and it was an average of about $50 cheaper from Miami. It looks like the cost of fuel has now risen enough to overtake the New York advantage in passenger volume. COL is indeed lower in South Florida than in NYC, and I would say more than a little.