New dr1 Forum set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Well done Robert, you or whoever has done a good job with the new Forum appearance. Just one small improvement you could have made but haven't would have been a one click button at the bottom of each page saying "back to top". T'would save all this scrolling up.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Well done Robert, you or whoever has done a good job with the new Forum appearance. Just one small improvement you could have made but haven't would have been a one click button at the bottom of each page saying "back to top". T'would save all this scrolling up.

We already have a "Top" link :)

Look to the far right of the bottom menu bar.

Thanks.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I've found the button now let's see if it works. I echo AlterEgo's comment! Cor! Yes it does work.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Where's the chat ?

It seem that, unfortunately, the new format does not allow for the inclusion of a DR1 Chat room at this time although Robert has indicated that he is looking into the possibilities..... I am wondering if it is not possible to incorporate a 'chat' function within DR1 itself whether there could be a link to an outside Chat facility offered to DR1 members? Any thoughts on this Robert please?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
outside Chat facility offered to DR1 members? Any thoughts on this Robert please?

Usually outside free chats are not that good (ad driven), unless you are talking about MSN, Facebook, Yahoo chat etc.

We have a duplicate of this forum that we use for testing. The chat is causing us issues and the developer is not very responsive.
Until that changes, then the chat will not be part of the this forum. Timeline, no idea, sorry.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
It s growing on me, although I don't see much of a differences. It is just better looking :)

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
We have a duplicate of this forum that we use for testing. The chat is causing us issues and the developer is not very responsive.
Until that changes, then the chat will not be part of the this forum. Timeline, no idea, sorry.

I guess WhirleyBird is stuck to listening my drunken ass on facebook than :p

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀
Reputation Points: 666

I cannot find the User CP in which the forums in which I have posted are listed when updated. That.. and no rep points?

Looks like "CP" is replaced with a modified "My Profile" at the top of the page and to the right.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
K the one thing I miss is the options you used to have under new posts...(Last hour, last day, etc). I don't always check every hour or from the same computer, thus it may not have the same results (I would imagine it's handled through cookies).

Status
Not open for further replies.