An interesting visit from Ede-Norte this morning.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Early this morning we were visited by a crew from the fraud division of Ede-Norte. It seems that one of our renters had set up a direct feed that was NOT going through his electic meter.
One of the experts on hand (the crew included an assistant prosecutor, an Army captain, a sergeant major and two corporals plus assorted technicians from Ede-Norte), told me how they discovered this.
It seems that in the areas covered by remote measurement ("tele-medici?n), the transformers have a meter that tell the Ede how much electricity is being consumed. Each and every electric meter sends the (can you believe this?) hourly consumption to the Ede. The sum of the individual meters should equal the reading of the electricity consumed. If it doesn't, then a red flag goes up and they investigate. Also, long term consumption is watched and if there are sudden and unexplained drops, they look into them.
You would think that there would be a nation-wide effort to install this system...

When I asked about areas such as El Ejido here in Santiago, where I know that nobody pays for electricity, he just said that they are just extending the prolonged blackouts even longer!! No money, no lights...I think people have to learn. Like cell phones. You pay you can talk...or the old Chinese laundry line: No tikee, no laundly...

Interesting way to start the day..

HB

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
When I asked about areas such as El Ejido here in Santiago, where I know that nobody pays for electricity, he just said that they are just extending the prolonged blackouts even longer!! No money, no lights...I think people have to learn. Like cell phones. You pay you can talk...or the old Chinese laundry line: No tikee, no laundly...

HB

I agree. They need infinitely extend those blackouts for those that do not pay. But they won't because it is political suicide.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
The issue is they blackout the entire area! IF you pay and the others don't then you also do not get electricity. How is that fair? Bloody well - you don't pay you get CUT OFF. Simple. For the very poor - give them a card or prepaid meter - you get x amount per month - enough for basics. Or some such system. I pay for my electricity and don't feel I should be penalized for it!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I just talked to some of the people. Apparently there was a summons. There will be wheeling and dealing and most probably a fine levied. How much or how big will be part of the wheeling and dealing.
Regarding the blackouts, previously, the barrio of El Ejido was part of the same circuit as us here in Los Jardines Metropolitanos, one of the first 24/7 circuits here in Santiago, so they got lots of basically free electricity. Not any more. They have their own circuit that gets very little "lu'" ....

HB

May 12, 2005
So what will be the final outcome with your tenant? Will he or she be looking for a new abode? I can imagine how intimidating it must be to open the door and find that group of folks at the door.