Property Tax in Dominican Republic

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The article is not correct ,,there most certainly is property tax on properties over a certain value in the DR and if you do not pay it on time then the interest rate is very high ..Is it needed ?? In my opinion yes because wealthy people in the DR try to avoid all taxes and this tax is one of the few taxes that they can not avoid , If you do not want to pay property tax in the DR , then buy a cheap home

InvictusMD

Apr 9, 2011
Hello Kipling333 thank you for replying. I always welcome anyone to comment or make suggestions to my blog. Excuse me for one of my mistakes on the blog, you see everyone that I am in contact with in the Dominican Republic have all said they do not pay property taxes. In fact this value that you speak of must be a pretty big number because my wife's family's home here in the Capital is worth approximately 500,000 U.S. dollars, and they don't pay property tax. Since you are more knowledgeable on this information than I am, please elaborate and specifically state the property values that are subject to taxes.
In addition to your last comment, I think one of the main reasons that wealthy dominicans try to avoid all taxes is because they already get taxed on all the luxury goods (electronics, automobiles, boats, etc.) and energy supplies (gasoline, electricity, etc.) they purchase in the country. If these taxes would actually go for a good cause and be used properly by dominican politicians, then I would be all for it. But you know that doesn't happen.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Taxes must be paid on all properties valued at 5 million Dominican Pesos or higher. That's more or less $150,000/US. It's not like the US, a bill will not come in the mail, the owner has to PHYSICALLY GO AND PAY THE TAXES. Do a search through the Legal Forum, the law is detailed there. Some exemptions if the house is in the campo.

AE

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Also , if you have a number of different properties in a town and they add up to over 5,000,000 you will need to pay property taxes.

InvictusMD

Apr 9, 2011
Thank you all for replying to this topic. This is actually a little confusing because I was just speaking with a couple of lawyers here in Santo Domingo regarding property taxes. You guys are correct about the RD 5,000,000 rule, however there are SERIOUS exceptions that are not mentioned by anyone. The law (108-05 de Registro Inmobiliario) states the following regarding the 1% property tax for properties valued over RD 5,000,000 paid annualy: If the person owns the property for 15 years or more and has no other properties, he/she are not subject to pay the anual property tax any longer; If the person is 65 years or older, the person does not have to pay the property tax; If the property/home is located in a rural location, the person is not subject to pay the property tax.
Furthermore, the dominican lawyers I spoke with made it very clear to me, than here in Dominican Republic there is a difference between theory of written law, and law that is actually followed through and practiced. They told me these are one of the written laws that are rarely if ever followed through and practiced. This would explain why none of my Dominican friends, associates, and family members pay property taxes on their home. I truly do believe that very few people on this island actually pay property taxes. None of the Dominicans that own their property out right that I know, and I know many, pay property taxes. I'm speaking of properties valued from 100,000 dollars all the way to 700,000 dollars. Of course if they decide to sell their property the buyer would have to pay a Property Title Tax however this is a one time fee.
The whole purpose of this specfic blog regarding property tax, was not to debate dominican law, but rather to make the point that owning a property or home here on the island is less expensive than owning any property back in the United States. The point was for people to understand that you are actually closer to truly owning your own property here in Dominican Republic than back in the U.S., and I don't think anyone can argue this point.

mt_net

Mar 19, 2009
From my experience it could appear that there is no property tax. However when you go to sell a property, and for the title to change hands, all and any arrears in property tax are calculated and charged at that time.

So while you don't have to pay every year. They'll get you (or your heirs) eventually. Of course this is all subject to your connections in government and so forth.

Probably, like in most things here, the unconnected middle class take the brunt of the blows.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Also , if you have a number of different properties in a town and they add up to over 5,000,000 you will need to pay property taxes.

So for example you own one in Bani and one in San Cristobal, each valued at $RD 4,500,000. Would they both be exempt?

Oct 11, 2010
Property Tax: United States and Dominican Republic - THE REALITY

The whole purpose of this specfic blog regarding property tax, was not to debate dominican law, but rather to make the point that owning a property or home here on the island is less expensive than owning any property back in the United States. The point was for people to understand that you are actually closer to truly owning your own property here in Dominican Republic than back in the U.S., and I don't think anyone can argue this point.

As you can see as stated by other posters and Dominican law that the statement in your blog that property taxes in the Dominican Republic "DON'T EXIST" is wrong. However, like you state in a reply to one of these posts, the purpose of your post was not to debate Dominican law. Good idea.

Your complaint about paying property taxes in the U.S. and comparison to property taxes in the Dominican Republic are na?ve to say the least.

In the beginning of your blog you ask, if in the U.S., "do you really own your home and property after you finish paying off your mortgage?" Your answer ...."is technically NO". The real answer is TECHNICALLY YES. And, yes, you DO have to pay property tax, "year after year", "until the day you die", as long as you own the property.

You ask "Is this what the founding fathers of the United States wanted for future Americans?" That answer is also YES. By 1796 property taxes were being paid in the United States by 14 of the 15 states. After 1796 until the civil war it was made more uniform. As long as the United States has been a nation Americans have been paying some form of property taxes.

You also ask "Is it fair?" And the answer again is YES it is fair, and it's a system that for the most part works well in the United States.

This brings us to the original point of your blog and post, the comparison between property tax in the Dominican Republic and in the United States.

Well it's really pretty simple. In the United States, you are paying property taxes for services rendered by the municipality in which you live. You are paying school taxes for the building and maintaining of schools and the education of your children. The general taxes pay the police, fire department, sanitation service, highway department, certain free medical services, building and maintaining parks, public recreational services, local infrastructure, etc. And every municipality has it's own tax rate. Some high, some more reasonable, either way you are receiving municipal services from the property taxes being paid. And usually, but not always, the higher the property taxes the better the muncipal services.

Imagine life without those services you pay tax for, well you can imagine it, you now live in the Dominican Republic. Just some quick examples - Police - a literal joke of corruption and incompetence. Call the police in an emergency see what happens. After a crime has been committed i.e., burglary, homicide, etc., what investigation and follow-up is there, it is literaly a joke. The fire department - call 911 and see what happens. Call 911 for a medical emergency, see what happens. The list goes on and on.

The quality of public education and condition of public schools, the condition of public hospitals, the condition of the roads, the total infrastructure of the DR, all very poor, to say the least. The next time you are really thirsty and have no "galon" of "purified" water around, have a drink of water out of your tap, good luck. These are just a few examples, there are many, many more.

In your blog you say. "When you pay off your property here on the island that means you truly own your home/property. In my opinion, this is the very definition of a true Republic. So if your an American that is looking to"Truly"own a home, come on down to Dominican Republic, because apparently some people down here know what the founding fathers of the United States were talking about."

Maybe that is YOUR definition of a true republic, but when it comes to the issue of taxes and the Dominican Republic you will see the definition is more clearly a "Banana Republic" which is more appropriate. The Dominican Republic is a Kleptocracy if you haven't noticed yet.

Zero property taxes or insufficient property taxes equals no quality municipal services, the Dominican Republic is a GLARING example of this. And if a property tax was actually levied on ALL properties here in the Dominican Republic, I have one question for you, WHERE DO YOU THINK THAT TAX REVENUE WOULD GO!!!???

To say any American looking to "Truly" own a home should come down here to the Dominican Republic is quite a stretch to say the least.

You "Truly" own your home in the United States as much as you do in the Dominican Republic but with one big difference, you are afforded the "luxury" of quality municipal services. It is quality municipal services that 'DON'T EXIST" in the Dominican Republic, not property taxes.

To advise people to come to the Dominican Republic because "True" home ownership comes from not paying property taxes is na?ve at best and misleading and deceptive at worst.

You may have very low, or no property taxes here in the DR, but look at the level of municipal services you receive. I doubt that most Americans would want to make the basis of their home "ownership" not paying property taxes and living under the conditions that result. And this is without even adressing one big issue which is not directly related to property taxes, ELECTRICITY.

I do have one other question. In the last statement of your blog you say "apparently some people down here know what the founding fathers of the United States were talking about." Who were you referring to?

Please tell me that you are not insinuating that the people who are not paying property taxes down here in the DR are the ones that "know what the founding fathers of the United States were talking about." I highly doubt it.

The simple fact is the majority of people down here WHO DO actually "know what the founding fathers of the United States were talking about" are staying at the beach resorts in Punta Cana. They are here on vacation for a week, maybe two. They are here to enjoy the imense beauty of the Dominican Republic, the beautiful beaches, the tropical weather, the whole "Caribbean" experience. And then, they will return to the towns where they live in the United States. Where they can drink water out of the tap, where the police respond rapidly to a call, where the town fire department is ready and able to react swiftly to an emergency, where there is electricity 24/7, where the postal system works, where the 911 emergency system works.
And those that have paid off their mortgages on their properties will return to the homes which they do TRULY OWN, and continue to "fairly" pay their property taxes, "year after year", "until the day they die" and enjoy the benefits of the services rendered for paying those taxes.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
To InvictusMD

Boy are you WAAAAYYY Wrong

According to DR law, ALL Land, air and water on the island belong to THE STATE, legally speaking you can not dig a hole for the sake of digging a hole with out permission.

Your title ONLY gives you permission to USE the property described it is not and never will be yours!

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Property Taxes
Properties held in the name of an individual are subject to an annual property tax ("IPI") of 1% of
government-appraised value in excess of RD$5,000,000 pesos except for unbuilt lots or farms
outside city limits and properties whose owner is 65 years old or older, who has registered it in his
or her name for more than 15 years and has no other property.
If the property is held by a corporation, no property tax is due. Instead, the corporation must pay a
1% tax on corporate assets. However, any income tax paid by the corporation will constitute a credit
toward the tax on assets, so that if corporate income taxes paid are equal to or higher than the taxes
on assets due, the corporation will have no obligation to pay taxes on its assets.

This is from:

How to Buy Real Estate in the Dominican Republic
by
Fabio J. Guzm?n-Ariza
Guzm?n Ariza & Asociados
Guzman Ariza Law Firm in the Dominican Republic

It appears that it's a national tax and the $RD 5,000,000 exemption is subtracted from the aggregate value of all LRD property to determine the taxable value of your real estate.

Last edited:

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
The other day on 'House Hunters' (on HGTV) they showed a real estate broker from Puerto Rico that lived in FL, but wanted to move to DR. He said his budget was $150K because he wouldn't need to pay taxes on the property.
He ended up finding one for $150K in Punta Cana next to the beach.

InvictusMD

Apr 9, 2011
To NY-DR commuter:

Before coming on this forum and completely distorting my opinions, please take the time and read ALL of my articles on my blog. Instead of just reading one, and not taking the time to actually carefully read ALL of my articles and replies. I obviously hit a nerve by the entire tone of your article, but this is normal when many americans are faced with the REALITY of the United States government. No one likes to hear the real truth, its human nature.
I agree with many of your points throughout your reply, especially the quality of life that us Americans are rewarded by our tax payments. However, when it comes to PROPERTY TAXES specifically, I'm strongly against them, and I shouldn't be called NAIVE because I'm against those property taxes. I believe that many of the luxuries that Americans are afforded can be provided by other forms of taxes (e.g. fair tax, luxury tax, etc.) and through privatization of certain government jobs.
You state in your reply that our founding fathers wanted property taxes????? You are clearly distorting history just to further your own personal points of view. Our founding fathers started killing the english because they put a tax on their tea!!!! You think they wanted their properties taxed for life too!!!! Now further down in U.S. history, there were political figures belonging to the Federalist Party that were for bigger government, more taxes, etc. kind of like the modern Democratic Party.
I don't post blindly on here without consulting with many other local dominicans and professionals.
By the way, I completely agree about the corruption and personal services here on the island, I'm not for them. The fact is, my entire purpose for writing this blog on property tax, was the fact that a third world country actually followed the motto of a true republic concerning property tax, more closely than the United States, that is all. You clearly went overboard and decided to start defending the entire American system, as if I had attacked every aspect of the United States in this one blog. That is NAIVE.
At the end of the day, there is no other country in the world that I would rather live in, than the United States. I'm a proud American. But as a patriot, I voice my concern with the overwhelming amount of power that Americans continue to award the government year after year after year. It's extremely dangerous.
Furthermore, I find it humerous that although you don't know who I am at all, you write as you know me pretty well, based on just reading one blog. You have no idea how long I've lived on the island, who I know, and why I'm here. I know exactly how this island is ran, and how things work.
Future advice, ACTUALLY read EVERYTHING carefully before posting, then maybe you will actually understand what I was trying to say and express.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Cuba, no sir, the Dominican Republic, will you find this spelled out in the constitution, clearly, nope! but the way many, many especially environmental laws are written and conceived, take into account just that, you title is only a legal paper granting you use of said land or property, ultimately that land belongs to the State......like it or not.

As such, did you know that if you have any body of water on "your" property and neighbors or any other breathing person needed that water, you can not legally impede access to said water? It is not your water!

I am not mentioning this for sport, not to invoke some type of debate, just FYI....

InvictusMD

Apr 9, 2011
Donluis99,
If you read my previous posts, I have provided specific details given to me by several lawyers here on the island, even citing the specific law coinciding with the property tax. In one of those posts I made it clear that here in Dominican Republic not every single aspect of the dominican constitution is enforced by the government nor practiced by lawyers. It may state that if your property contains a body of water you may not impede that person from drinking it, but go ahead and try to jump onto a dominican's private property and start drinking his/her water. I guarantee you that will not go over well, and trust me no lawyer will defend the trespasser with the previous law you just stated here on the island. There are things that are practiced, and there are things that are not practiced.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
hey genius, pay attention................I wrongly assumed you were from a citizen of a 1 st world nation, I was wrong and you defiantly belong here, none the less.

I said according to the law..............not the ignorant customs of this islands population, which are to ignore laws UNTIL or WHEN it is convenient for them.

Simple example, AMET car runs red light, comes up behind you at next red light that you casually go through at 1:00 a.m. on a deserted street, he pulls you over and gives you a ticket..............TYPICAL in all levels of society and application of all the laws.

But LAWS NONE THE LESS

g'luck

InvictusMD

Apr 9, 2011
Well I'm NOT from a CITIZEN of a 1st world nation BUT I am a citizen of a 1st world nation. I was born and raised in the United States of America, and lived there for the first 24 years of my life. However, my stay here on the island is only temporary. "None the less" is actually written "nonetheless". I "defiantly" belong here? You mean "Definitely" belong here. "1 st" is written "1st". I think it is YOU that definitely belongs here!!! Judging from your opening sentence I would be careful to use the word "genius" in a sarcastic undertone.
I DO NOT need examples of how laws ARE or ARE NOT followed here on the island. I am completely aware of that. You are missing the whole point. I understand what you are saying donluis, you are saying that the laws exist, understood. But what I am trying to say is that people here on the island (for the most part) do not follow/obey that law.
I spoke to a Dominican engineer yesterday regarding this subject, and according to him the government is trying to impose this law more strictly now, probably so that the politicians can have another source of income to steal from. Pity.

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It has been my wife's experience that the government is getting much better at collecting taxes, whether you are talking income tax, or property tax.

InvictusMD

Apr 9, 2011
The Dominican government is only going to continue to become more successful in collecting taxes, it is one of the things they do best down here. I wrote another article discussing the cost of living, and specifically the cost of dining out. 26 percent tax everytime you eat out. 10 percent mandatory tip, 16 percent government tax.

Oct 11, 2010
To InvictusMD:

Taking your admonishment to "carefully read ALL of my articles and replies", I will reply point by point, just as I did in my original reply, but so that you don't falsely accuse me of "completely distorting" your opinions, I will put your actual quote before my reply. This way there is no doubt in your mind that I "carefully read ALL'' of your reply.

A quick apology to anyone else reading this reply, I know it is VERY LONG, but I want the OP to be clear about my replies, lest I be accused of distorting his opinions. Also some replies tend to get away from the topic of the original thread "Property Tax in the Dominican Republic", but again, I am just replying to the OP, not introducing anything that wasn't first introduced by him. Hopefully this will allow us to keep focused on the original topic and allow us to get away from the hyperbole and rhetoric such as "what the founding fathers would think", or "what is normal when many Americans are faced with the REALITY of the United States government", or "the overwhelming amount of power that Americans continue to award the government year after year", etc. These tend to be more of an indiciation of the OP's personal political views, and discontent with the U.S. government than a contribution to the original topic. This becomes evident after reading his own replies to his original blog posted elsewhere, and although there my be agreement or disagreement, they are better discussed there. So, again, my apologies.:)

Before coming on this forum and completely distorting my opinions, please take the time and read ALL of my articles on my blog. Instead of just reading one, and not taking the time to actually carefully read ALL of my articles and replies.
I have read all three of your blogs. I read your blog Property Tax: United States and Dominican Republic and all three replies, two of which were yours. I also read your blog about electricity and it's three replies, 1 yours, and your blog on Life In Santo Domningo, 4 replies, 2 of which were yours.
You started threads for each of your blogs, but your post on property tax has inaccuracies and gives some questionable advice. So I chose to reply. I don't know which opinions of yours I'm distorting, I just stated some facts and asked you some questions. Perhaps instead of generally accusing me of distorting your opinions you could be more specific, just as I tried to be in my replies.

I obviously hit a nerve by the entire tone of your article, but this is normal when many americans are faced with the REALITY of the United States government. No one likes to hear the real truth, its human nature.
The "tone" of my reply was set by the "tone" your original post. Your invoking "the founding fathers" as if they were against the collection of taxes is ridiculous hyperbole. Your blog contains historical inaccuracy (see below) and misrepresentation . . . "in the Dominican Republic. Although there are heavy taxes on energy and various goods, when it comes to property taxes, they DON'T EXIST." That is what concerned me most.
I already know the reality of the US government. It is obvious that you have your issues with the US government and taxes from the "tone" of your blogs. "No one likes to hear the real truth, its human nature" ???? Uhmmm. Thanks for the tip on human nature.;)

I agree with many of your points throughout your reply, especially the quality of life that us Americans are rewarded by our tax payments. However, when it comes to PROPERTY TAXES specifically, I'm strongly against them, and I shouldn't be called NAIVE because I'm against those property taxes. I believe that many of the luxuries that Americans are afforded can be provided by other forms of taxes (e.g. fair tax, luxury tax, etc.) and through privatization of certain government jobs.
I am not saying you are na?ve because you are against property taxes. I am saying that statements like "any American looking to Truly own a home should come down here to the Dominican Republic" or "you are actually closer to truly owning your own property here in Dominican Republic than back in the U.S., and I don't think anyone can argue this point" are na?ve statements.

You admonish me to "ACTUALLY read EVERYTHING carefully before posting", try taking your own advice. But just to help you out as to understand what I was saying I will repost it verbatim.
Your complaint about paying property taxes in the U.S. and comparison to property taxes in the Dominican Republic are na?ve to say the least.

To advise people to come to the Dominican Republic because "True" home ownership comes from not paying property taxes is na?ve at best and misleading and deceptive at worst.

I used the word "luxuries" to desribe what are really just basic services in the United States. Here in the Dominican Republic they would be considered luxuries. If you think eliminating property tax and utilizing other taxation to pay for the myriad of municipal services that property tax affords, well that's your opinion. And probably better debated outside of this forum. That is a subject specific to the United States not the Dominican Republc.

You state in your reply that our founding fathers wanted property taxes????? You are clearly distorting history just to further your own personal points of view.
How am I "clearly distorting history", I just stated some simple historical facts:
By the time of the revolutionary war the colonies had a well-developed tax system consisting of five kinds of taxes and one of those taxes was a property tax. The taxes paid by the colonists helped fund the revolutionary war. Property taxes were constitutionalized by 14 of the 15 states by 1796. Article 1, Section 8 of the U.S. constitution states "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes". The fact that the original 13 colonies all had property tax in some form, and the founding fathers were party to drafting many of these tax laws, the U.S. Constitution specificly outlines the right of congress to lay and collect taxes, and the founding fathers helped draft the constitution and 14 of 15 states of which the founding fathers were active in the drafing their constitutions which mandated a property tax, it's obvious that the founding fathers probably wanted some form of property tax. They certainly did not eliminate it.

Our founding fathers started killing the english because they put a tax on their tea!!!! You think they wanted their properties taxed for life too!!!! Now further down in U.S. history, there were political figures belonging to the Federalist Party that were for bigger government, more taxes, etc. kind of like the modern Democratic Party.
The reason "our founding fathers started killing the english" was because Britain sent combat troops to the colonies to dissolve local governments and impose direct rule by Britain. Nobody started "killing the english because they put a tax on tea." THAT is a distortion of history. The colonists didn't fight the American revolution because they were against paying taxes. I'm sure you are familiar with the expression "No taxation without representation"? The original colonists were not against paying taxes, they just wanted fair representation in Parliament.

I don't post blindly on here without consulting with many other local dominicans and professionals
Well I can't give much credence to the "local dominicans and professionals" you consult with becuase if they informed you that property taxes in the Dominican Republic "DON'T EXIST' they were wrong, PERIOD. You go on to say in one of your replies . . .
"Furthermore, the dominican lawyers I spoke with made it very clear to me, than here in Dominican Republic there is a difference between theory of written law, and law that is actually followed through and practiced. They told me these are one of the written laws that are rarely if ever followed through and practiced. This would explain why none of my Dominican friends, associates, and family members pay property taxes on their home. I truly do believe that very few people on this island actually pay property taxes. None of the Dominicans that own their property out right that I know, and I know many, pay property taxes. I'm speaking of properties valued from 100,000 dollars all the way to 700,000 dollars."

This is a great concept "theory of written law, and law that is actually followed through and practiced." I mean we are not talking about jaywalking, or changing lanes without signaling. We're talking about illeaglly evading taxes, whose revenue could amount to millions of pesos.
I guess if this is what those "Dominican lawyers" you "spoke to" told you about the application of the laws regarding property taxes, maybe they could enlighten the Dominican lawyers who I retain as advisors. I HAVE been paying property taxes here in the DR on any property I own that is subject to the application of those taxes. I also know many Dominicans and foreigners who pay their required property taxes here. Maybe it is true that very few people actually pay property taxes, and "NONE of the Dominicans" you know pay property taxes. Well if this is the case, and they are legally required to pay, they are breaking the law. Hopefully you are not condoning or advocating this.

By the way, I completely agree about the corruption and personal services here on the island, I'm not for them. The fact is, my entire purpose for writing this blog on property tax, was the fact that a third world country actually followed the motto of a true republic concerning property tax, more closely than the United States, that is all.
"Motto of a true republic concerning property tax"??? nowhere in the definition of a republic is property tax addressed. This is your self-imposed definition of a "true republic".
When you pay off your property here on the island that means you truly own your home/property. In my opinion, this is the very definition of a true Republic."

The whole purpose of this specfic blog regarding property tax, was not to debate dominican law, but rather to make the point that owning a property or home here on the island is less expensive than owning any property back in the United States. The point was for people to understand that you are actually closer to truly owning your own property here in Dominican Republic than back in the U.S,

So, just for the sake of clarity, by not paying property taxes, whether illegally or not, and not receiving decent municipal services afforded by paying those taxes, you are "closer to owning your own property"? Well, OK, that's your opinion.

You clearly went overboard and decided to start defending the entire American system, as if I had attacked every aspect of the United States in this one blog. That is NAIVE.
Please tell me you're kidding me with this statement. "Defending the entire American system"??? Where in the world did you come up with this. Give me some specific references so I can see what you are talking about. The ONLY issue I am addressing is property tax and home ownership in the DR and the US. Your invoking of the founding fathers, as if some heretical act was being perpertrated against their sacrosanct existence by the collection of property taxes, is going overboard. The "entire American system"??, don't be so dramatic. I'm just replying to the assertions YOU make in your blog and replies, nothing more. Nowhere, did I address anything not related to, or introduced by you, in your original posts. Maybe "you should take the time to actually carefully read ALL" of my reply in context.

At the end of the day, there is no other country in the world that I would rather live in, than the United States. I'm a proud American. But as a patriot, I voice my concern with the overwhelming amount of power that Americans continue to award the government year after year after year. It's extremely dangerous.
Congratulations on your patriotism. The fact that you state, "the overwhelming amount of power that Americans continue to award the government year after year after year. It's extremely dangerous.", it seems to be a little closer to your heart than just the issue of property taxes, especially when put into the context of your own blog replies. That is an extremely subjective political view which I think is beyond the scope of this thread, and better discussed elsewhere. Hardly relates to the Dominican Republic.

Furthermore, I find it humerous that although you don't know who I am at all, you write as you know me pretty well, based on just reading one blog.
I'm glad you find it humorous, but please, don't take it so personal. This is just my opinion on the original post and the opinions and comparisons, nothing more. This is a public forum and message board. We all have our opinions, the fact that there is disagreement and discussion is what makes it interesting. Don't you think?;)

You have no idea how long I've lived on the island, who I know, and why I'm here. I know exactly how this island is ran, and how things work.
Wow, is this an ominous statement. Now I'm actually a little nervous. Hey, bro, like I said, don't take it so personally. Relax. Just a threrad on a forum message board.
And by the way, YOU have no idea how long I've lived on the island, who I know, and why I'm here. I know exactly how this island is run, and how things work also;)

Future advice, ACTUALLY read EVERYTHING carefully before posting, then maybe you will actually understand what I was trying to say and express.
Excellent advice. HEED IT.