Free to a good home - Black Labrador adolescent

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
With great regrets I am looking for a new home for my 6 1/2 month Black Lab puppy. She is a wonderful dog, sweet, very loving, very smart, very energetic but she needs a home with a yard. All her vaccinations are up to date and I'm currently in SDQ. She's house broken but I live in a 3rd floor apartment and she needs a yard to run and play - preferrably with children. A physical disability is preventing me from spending enough time with her and I think she is suffering from that. If interested please PM me.

Karlheinz

neofloyd

Apr 14, 2011
I would love to take your dog but..

there is an issue of small children that live with me and I would like to consult with a vet to assess the risk in that.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What Is Your Quetion??

I have "alot" of small children,and alot of dogs and cats too.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
All are doing well.My 8 year old daughter sleeps with her two "Chihuahuas"!
Driver her dominican mom wild! I LOVE THAT!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
@KarlHeinz : too bad that you cannot keep her yourself, hope you will find a good home for her.
@Neofloyd : VERY good question and one you should pick up further with the OP, I am sure he/she will answer all your questions.

Blazing Furies Ranch

rh8371

Nov 5, 2008
With great regrets I am looking for a new home for my 6 1/2 month Black Lab puppy. She is a wonderful dog, sweet, very loving, very smart, very energetic but she needs a home with a yard. All her vaccinations are up to date and I'm currently in SDQ. She's house broken but I live in a 3rd floor apartment and she needs a yard to run and play - preferrably with children. A physical disability is preventing me from spending enough time with her and I think she is suffering from that. If interested please PM me.

Karlheinz
Can I ask where you got your black lab? I'm interested in getting a black lab or yellow lab for my three y/o daugther. are these dogs available in SDQ?

Buster1

Mar 25, 2009
Dr. Bob the veterinarian, you should inquire he may know of someone or will take him. Find a good home. I have a lab they are lovely dogs.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
have to be very careful with dark colored labs in the sun. I have a choc. lab and even up here in N.E. US, (pittsburgh PA), have to be careful of overheating in the summer. their dark, double layer coats are heat "sponges" in the sun.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
have to be very careful with dark colored labs in the sun. I have a choc. lab and even up here in N.E. US, (pittsburgh PA), have to be careful of overheating in the summer. their dark, double layer coats are heat "sponges" in the sun.

My 3 black Labs (mum, dad and daughter) travelled to the DR with me 5 years ago and have thrived despite the warm temperatures. The eldest, now 13.5 years has the usual arthritic aches and pains of any old dog but, I believe, does much better here than she would have done in the damp and chilly weather in the UK. When it is hot, they naturally find cooler places to lie in the shade.

Would be good to know if the OP found a suitable new home for his black Lab - could we have an update please karlheinz?

Last edited:

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
any old dog
I believe, does much better here than she would have done in the damp and chilly

should work for me too lol
manu

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
My 3 black Labs (mum, dad and daughter) travelled to the DR with me 5 years ago and have thrived despite the warm temperatures. The eldest, now 13.5 years has the usual arthritic aches and pains of any old dog but, I believe, does much better here than she would have done in the damp and chilly weather in the UK. When it is hot, they naturally find cooler places to lie in the shade.

Would be good to know if the OP found a suitable new home for his black Lab - could we have an update please karlheinz?

Thanks for asking. I actually have Shadow back living with me now. She went to a Dominican friend who lives near La Galeta - they love her except for the Mom not liking her chasing her chickens - lovely @ 14 months now. We're working on training all the time. She loves to pull on the leash and using a Halti device has helped tremendously.

CANUCK2

May 24, 2002
Looking for Black Labrador

We have been looking all week for one we would love to have her we have small children and a huge back yard we have another black lab 8 years old and she would love the company pls email me at genna_b@hotmail.com