Insurance Companies and Rates in Santo Domingo

Apr 13, 2011
I would like to find out what local Insurance Companies people have been happy with.
Is Humano a company I should consider? Especially for the Santo Domingo area, doctors and hospitals?
What kind of rate could I expect for a family of four?
What kind of plans do they offer?
Are there Dental plans also?
What about Eyes? Or is that inexpensive enough to do without a plan?

Thanks for any input or advice.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ars humano and ars universal are the best, check their websites for different plans to see what rates you'd have to pay.
read small print because sometimes even with an expensive plan you would have to pay a little more to get extra like dental and ambulatory services.
humano and universal work with all major private clinics in DR and with many doctors (some doctors, especially the best of the best do not take any insurance anyways).

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If you plan on living in Santo Domingo, seriously consider Ars Humano Plan Max and above.

In my opinion, one of the best medical facilities in the capital is Hospiten, and they only take Plan Max or above.
Hospiten is about the closest you will find here to a US style hospital.

Apr 13, 2011
I did not find their pricing structures on the Humano website - only the coverage breakdown. I emailed Humano to find out their costs for the plans and options. Hopefully they will email back sometime in the next day or two...

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Humano is great and Robert is right. Also look into getting Catrotrafic coverage as I recently went through this with my wife. An accident and intensive care can add up fast.

Apr 13, 2011
OK - I will check that out also as an option and see if I can find out the cost. Would I be asking for "Catastr?ficos"?

ARS Humano has not gotten back to me with any quotes as of yet.