2 semanas en la Rep?blica Dominicana

It has been a while since I've visited the DR1 forum. Just got back my third trip to the Dominican Republic. My second visit was during November and he had a blast discovering the north. We've visited Los Haitises, went to Samana, Las Terrenas. Then visited Constanza. Which bring us to the the third trip. This trip was mainly business as I have exported Canadian potatoes to be evaluated in the Dominican Republic in order to see which varieties would adapt best to the climate and also evaluate their resistance to viruses and insects present in the area. While waiting for the ok from fitosanidad, we rented a car and went back to eat at the German restaurant in Playa Magenta, then discovered the most beautiful beach in Playa Caleton, we ate at Oh la vache in Sosua and as usual stayed at the Viva Windham in Cabarete. We then headed to Constanza where we cut the seed potatoes to prepare them for planting. We ate at Lorenzo Restaurant twice as the cuisine was really excellent and we stayed at the Alto Cerro Hotel. Saturday, we headed back to Cabarete. Since my husband had to leave, my business partner found me a nice place in Sosua, a beautiful flat in a a residence. We then went back to Santo Domingo as we had a business meeting and to visit friends living in the capital. We took the highway near Nagua and it was just beautiful, first the rice fields and then the naked palm trees. We stayed at the Hodelpa Caribe in la Zona Colonial, where I had time to visit the old city and take pictures. We had a delicious sea food dinner at Sully and I ate the next day the most savourous yum pur?e. And we got back to Constanza to plant the potatoes, we got upgraded to 2 fully equiped apartments and even had fire in the fireplaces both evenings as the temperature drops around 7C at night. We planted the potatoes the next morning and had a great paella valenciana at the hotel. We visited the area and it is a very beautiful one. Constanza and the area is simply breathtaking. Not one inch of land is not cultivated and all lots are irrigated. We headed back to Sosua where he went dancing one evening and I had too much to drink, I must admit :cheeky: . The lady I was staying at was very nice, she spent time with me, took me shopping and I even prepared a Moroccan dinner for the whole family the night before leaving. Okay, I had few drinks and even took some friends who came to visit for a tour of Sosua by night. It was funny that a woman was doing the tour guide, but we had a blast and I would have not done it by myself. My Spanish had really improved and I started to understand customs and how paperwork is done in the country. I even do not get upset anymore when the customs officers ask me for an extra ID with pictures to make sure I am Canadian. Great place, great and nice people. Will go back end of June to harvest potatoes and evaluate the progress of each variety. And this time, we are taking our teenagers with us to have a family vacation after harvest. Not very elaborate trip report, but had to share for the fun of it.