Medical treatment and Health insurance?

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
1.Can anyone give good or bad experiences with Galmedical internacional Clinic or DR. Galvez in Juan Dolio?

2.Does anyone have good or bad experiences with Cedimat (Plaza de la salud) Santo Domingo?

3.Does anyone have good or bad experiences with ARS Humano medical insurances?

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
I was covered by ARS Humano, one of their better plans offered at work. I had two hospitalizations at Centro Medical Bournigal in POP. All the hospital and doctors charges including the ICU were covered in full except for a few dollars (about 500 pesos0 for incidentals like phone calls.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Criss Colon--Thanks for the info, Would that mean that their is English speaking Doctors at Cedimat?

Belmont- Thanks for the info ARS Humano looks good so far.

Help Moderator, I must sign in multiple times, seems like everytime I change page or so.
Is their someting I am doing wrong ?
I think I will post my first Question on Juan Doilo Galmedical Clinic in the South coast section threads.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
I think you should search for Robert's rec. on Bournigal in SD. Plaza de Salud and Cedimat are excellent as long as you have top of the line ins. Otherwise, it seems to be have political connections that may cost someone or families a bundle.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I think there is some confusion. Bournigal is in Puerto Plata and I doubt that Robert would be recommending it since he is in Santo Domingo. I do remember a post of his where in mentioned his satisfaction with Hospiten.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Hospital General ?

I also notice that in PLaza de Salud SD. They are Hospital General and Cedimat.

Are they both private ? Do they work together ?

What is the difference or which is better ?

XTraveller

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I pay 200K per Year to ARS Humano for my Boys including some friends I included in the Insurance package.
never had any problem, and it get's used quiet a lot.
accepted everywhere on the Isle and at any Hospital where vwe've been til now, disounts on Meds, nice friendly and quick service all around.
here in bavaro they leak of the english Language, not a prob for Me as I myself and each of my inclusions are fluent in spanish, but once in a while when at their headoffice to pay da darn Bill there are clients of them who do not speak spanish, so I step in for some Help.
but anyways,
it is more importanmt to choose the right Hospital/Doctor who speaks Your language than the need of da language at Your Insurance Office.

Mike