Drug Bust In Samana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I heard from a contact in Samana that the community was shocked by a major drug bust and that some prominent local residents, including the president of the boat owners association, are either in jail or under investigation. The investigation is ongoing.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It was in the DR1 News yesterday.
Rosado: Cracking the Cibao Drug Cartel
The National Drug Control Department (DNCD), working with the United States Drug Enforcement Agency, has cracked the Cibao Drug Cartel that operated in the central region of the country and has links with criminal organizations in Colombia and Mexico. DNCD spokesman Colonel Ramon Alcides Rodriguez identified Silvio Pena and Nadim Bezi, the latter the nephew of the mayor of Samana, Miguel Bezi, as the heads of the criminal organizations, as reported in Listin Diario. Three arrests have been made in connection with the case. Last week, 187 packages of cocaine were confiscated from a warehouse in the Port of Samana in a joint operation with the Navy and the Air Force.

Bolding mine.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Bezi are old time Saman? people. Long time political and boating people. Governor and other positions. One of the girls studied in Santiago. The Lebanese population of Saman? are interesting. The best place to eat in the city was run by a nice Lebanese woman...great memories...
I have been hearing that a lot of money is being thrown at the children of well connected families...seems to be getting truer.

HB

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Jesus christ... this happens in New York every day..... Or in every other part of the world!!!

Yeah, but this is a DR forum!!!!

Why is it that NY has to be mentioned all the time someone mentions drug bust?

Status
Not open for further replies.