Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: East coast basic information

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default US Consulate Now Open in Bavaro

I don't know if this has been posted before so I will post it. In Palma Real Mall, Bavaro next to the Mail Box,etc on the second floor is a US Consulate Office. It looks like it is permanent, as it is not small.

So you can save a trip to SD for a lot of things you may need from the Embassy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Chirimoya,

I have been trying to contact the Trinity Real School with the information in their Website, which is apparently very old. I am especially interested because there is information they offer special education. I have checked most bilingual schools in the Punta Cana/Bavaro area and the only one offering an Academic Accomodation Plan and IEP for students with learning disabilities is the CCHS. This school is expensive, and I would like to hear of more options of schools for a child who speaks little spanish and has a mild learning disability. I hope to be moving there by the end of summer and any information is valued as I have little time for admision and registration.

Post Thanks / Like

That school is not there any more: there is a school where it used to be called Dominico-Cubano, which does not appear to have a website. I'll ask the moderator to edit the list of schools.

I suggest you contact the two other schools - Punta Cana International and Bávaro Bilingual - directly with a request for information. I will send you a Private Message with one contact.

Post Thanks / Like

Add to non-AI hotels list:

NH Hotel Punta Cana
    Avenida Alemania S/N El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach Punta Cana (Dominican Republic)
    Tel. 809 2856500 | Fax: 809 2856500
    Email: nhpuntacana@nh-hotels.com
    Hotel NH Punta Cana, Hotel in Punta Cana - 25% off, NH Hotels Official Site

The restaurant is open to the public - I've been told they do a breakfast buffet for US$5 per person .

Post Thanks / Like

New Timetable for Expreso Bávaro in both directions - Santo Domingo-Punta Cana; Punta Cana - Santo Domingo

All buses from Santo Domingo now go to Punta Cana airport, travel time down from 4 to 3 hours thanks to the new Coral highway.

7:00am
    9:00am
    11:00am
    1:00pm
    3:00pm
    4:00pm

Expreso Bávaro:
    Calle Juan Sánchez Rámirez near the corner of Máximo Gómez, Gazcue, Santo Domingo
    809 682 9670
    Plaza Genaro, Verón: 809 552 1473
    Friusa bus terminal: 809 552 1678

They have entered the 21st century and now have a Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/Transporte16

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Err... does that mean everybody has to go to the airport? No more passing by Pueblo Bavaro?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike
    Err... does that mean everybody has to go to the airport? No more passing by Pueblo Bavaro?
    Not sure, I'm guessing it goes to Punta Cana Village and the airport first, then doubles back to Verón and on to Friusa. If anyone has first-hand info please post here.

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones
    Getting ready to update your book, huh?? You are an information JUNKIE!!!!!

Great thread, kiddo. Thanks.
    Thanks! All the migration/residency rule changes mean some of the content in the book is out of date, and I need to wait till the situation becomes clearer before re-writing that section. Meanwhile I'm trying to complement the book by posting all new information that comes up online.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It ends at the large circle before the circle at Punta Cana Village. So if you go right you are at PC Village, left to Bavaro.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    It ends at the large circle before the circle at Punta Cana Village. So if you go right you are at PC Village, left to Bavaro.
    OK, but will there be a shuttle or something or is one forced to take a cab or to walk from there (to Pueblo Bavaro, to Veron etc.) now?

Post Thanks / Like

I think Sky means the highway. Caribmike is asking about the bus route. My sister-in-law who came to visit us yesterday got off at the airport, and at that stage the bus had not gone through Verón. She says there were still some passengers on board who presumably were continuing on to Verón and/or Bávaro.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast