Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: East coast basic information

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    I think Sky means the highway. Caribmike is asking about the bus route. My sister-in-law who came to visit us yesterday got off at the airport, and at that stage the bus had not gone through Verón. She says there were still some passengers on board who presumably were continuing on to Verón and/or Bávaro.
    OK, thank you! That explains it.

I understood that it will be end of the bus route there...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I meant the hwy. But you can always take the bus from SD to Higuey, and then take take one to Bavaro that for sure goes through Veron. My maid went this way today.

But you will not see the new hwy with this route.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    OK, thank you! That explains it.

I understood that it will be end of the bus route there...
    I doubt very much that the Express bus would double back to Veron from the airport, as it is advertised as SD to Bavaro.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Yes, I meant the hwy. But you can always take the bus from SD to Higuey, and then take take one to Bavaro that for sure goes through Veron. My maid went this way today.

But you will not see the new hwy with this route.
    Yeah, we went to and came back from SDQ that way on Friday...

I confused the 2 bus companies too...

All clear now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    I doubt very much that the Express bus would double back to Veron from the airport, as it is advertised as SD to Bavaro.
    So it would continue to Bávaro via the highway, not through Cruce de Verón? It still has offices in Verón (Plaza Genaro) and Friusa, as far as I can tell. Would be good if someone could find out, so we can post the info.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    So it would continue to Bávaro via the highway, not through Cruce de Verón? It still has offices in Verón (Plaza Genaro) and Friusa, as far as I can tell. Would be good if someone could find out, so we can post the info.
    It ends in Bavaro, no need for the bus to go to Veron and back. Like I said, take the Higuey one if you need to go to Veron.

809-552-1678 Here is the phone number in Fruisa, call and let us know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Expreso Bávaro's Verón office has moved from Plaza Genaro to Plaza Colonial - opposite Banco de Reservas near the Cruce de Verón. Tel. 809-455-1473

Times (departures from Santo Domingo and from Bávaro)
    7:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm

According to their Facebook page the route is still not defined, but as far as I can tell they are still going from Cruce de Verón to Bávaro via Coco Loco crossing. If anyone takes the bus please post the info here.

https://www.facebook.com/Transporte16

Post Thanks / Like

Updated information: Mr C visited the new EXPESO (sic) BAVARO offices near Cruce de Verón and obtained some more information. All buses coming from Santo Domingo stop at Punta Cana airport first, before doubling back to Verón and continuing to Bávaro via Cruce de Verón. The final stop is in Friusa.

What he forgot to ask was which way the bus takes from Coco Loco to Friusa - via Avenida Barcelo going past the hotels and Cortesito or via the new Boulevard Turistico. He also forgot to ask whether they got a refund or at least a discount on the sign.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chiri,

Please add to your list of economical non-AI hotels Hostel Bavaro located in Los Corales. Rates start at US$20 per day in a shared room (including breakfast and wifi) and they've got other private options. An economical option for those strapped for cash or just looking for a place to crash for a night. I personally haven't gone but have spoken to some people that have gone and it's not bad. Their website is Bavaro Hostel .

10. Likes CaptnGlenn, redserge, Ancastil1510 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Is what's listed as the Bowman Hotel also known at The MT Hotel, or are there 2 hotels in Plaza Brisas?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast