paging Mike Fisher!

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Hope all is well with Mike? Have not seen his posts for a while and miss him... perhaps just gone fishing? Anyone have any news?

He posted Friday.

been there with a friend today, too.
the same experience, in at 11:10AM and out at 12:05, a short hour, very friendly service, it is hassle Free.
correct,
cedulas now get issued with the same Length as the Residency been issued, RD$4.000.- for 10 Years, plus for any renewing length a RD$1.000.- Fine if the Cedula been expired.
til April 30th 2011 every expired Cedula pay's for renewal only the RD$1.000.- Fine/Mulda, even if Your cedula expired 10 years ago.
important is that Your Residency is up to date, the same for Your Passport.
you need to bring your old cedula card and your original residency card and your original passport(no copies accepted).
Foreigners who do not renew their cedula til April 30th 2011 will starting May 1st 2011 pay a Fine of RD$500.- per Month since Expiration of the cedula.
in case of Residency cards not renewed the residency can be taken back/made unguilty, so if the holder of such expired residency card want to renew after a too long of a time period He/She would need to start the whole Procedures from scratch as if he/she never would have had a Residency before. from which length of overdoing the expiration date on such will be done is still not decided, basically the Gubmint counts on that Foreigners take their chances now to renew all documentations til April 30th 2011, there is still quiet a large number of long term expired Cedulas and Residencies out there on the streets, it may get crowded the days after Easter Week at the JCE and the Immigrations office.
I mentioned in prior postings that early April 2011 the Immigrations office in bavaro/Punta Cana will open, so all Immigrations services, new residencies and renewals, can be done right here without the darn long ride to the capital, as usual they are behind the selfgiven timeline, but maybe not far, as they already purchased the furniching for the location at Plaza de Brizas(the former location of the Gym), so there's hope that this office may be open very soon.
for the bavaro/PC Area(I don't know if such is planned Islandwide) is soon after the Office opening planned to run Residency and Dominican Drivers License Checks at the Road checkpoints around the Area, specially to sort out the very high number of Residents here without any Residency/Cedula/Drivers License, many of those working as Representatives of the numerous Travelagencies in the Area and at watersports Centers.
sounds like the 2nd half of 2011 will not be dedicated to chase down illegal Haitian Immigrants.

the Renewals are Cheap,
I paid for 10 Years of Residency Renewal including the VIP Fee RD$20.000.- and for 10 years of Cedula Renewal RD$4.000.-, a Total of RD$25.000.- for the whole Documentation for fully 10 years, RD$2.500.- per Year,
that's just US$5.51.- per Month, I don't think there are many if any countries with cheaper Visa/Residency Fees, and it is all Hassle Free.

Mike

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Mike Fisher is working with Google to develop a translation tool for 'Mikeglisch' a patois of English, German, Spanish and various tidbits from other languages. Face to face there may even be some whalesong in there. :D

Welcome to whalesong.net

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha ha
"adelante Annie, adelante Annie, for Mike F., Over"
right asumption, "Gone Fishing" been the case.

I purchased a new Toy named "Gladiator", based here at home at the Sportfishing Club in Cabeza de Toro,
and it kept me quiet busy the last weeks.

all is fine here in lil Fishing Town and now that we started Easter week we will take it easy,
"coje lo con calma, estamos en el Caribe, Bro"
last fishing day, half day, tomorrow morning,
wednesday and thursday are relaxed maintenance days with plenty of cold beers nearby on board,
Friday we go to ""Church"" as all good christian Fishermen hit da Beach to look for the beautiful Santitas,
Saturday willbe a private long Full Fishing Day with some Friends, as the Moon and Tide Phase will be perfect to raise a bunch of white Marlins off Cabo Enga?o and fill the Fridges with Dorados caught by the way.
theer will be more Time for the Bord soon, and anyways we will very soon approach the first predictians for the upcoming Hurricane Season 2011, I sure will not miss my Hobby to watch da sh$t and comment on it, if you like it or not, You have to stand it this year again, lol.

so far we run Bizwise in Tourism the by far best year I saw in my 16 years on the East,
springtime runs so far nice calm and smooth, no big Waves, no big Winds, completely Dry as You can see on the low water levels of Rivers and Cysterns around, by my own taste it can simply stay that way til end summer.

thanks for missing the Fisherman, very appreciated.
I promose to be more around now.

cheers

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mike Fisher is working with Google to develop a translation tool for 'Mikeglisch' a patois of English, German, Spanish and various tidbits from other languages. Face to face there may even be some whalesong in there. :D

Welcome to whalesong.net

he he

Google and Bill gates did not get my point,

so I decided to stay Live instead, with all the well known misstypings, insults, language mixtures
and of course always with a Glass of Wine or a good Rum&Juice aside.

did I mention "Dry" in the above Post??
forget about it,
Rain started just right now here in Cabeza de Toro,
but no wind, a soft watering, will not last long

Mike

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
good to hear from you Mike....

you were missed

. And AE was right .. Pedro is also missing. I think perhaps we should have a buddy system.. or a special announcement section IF you are going to be away from DR1 for more than four days you need to post and get a permission slip so that if you do not come back in time we can send out enquiries.

Hey, I am only half joking!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I'm jealous Mike... you have more boats than I have flowered hawaiian tourist shirts. LOL I don't know how you do it, but good for you! Good business man doing what he loves for a living in tropical paradise. Every man's dream. Good fishing and good weather, my friend. And maybe when I'm down for a visit to Cortecito in June I'll go out for some fishing with you. Of course... I won't be the Captn then... I'll just be another tourist guy fishing.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it is along Process, Glenn.
I started purchasing 2 new outboard engines 16 years ago for a Local Fisherman who had a nice 24ft Center Console Boat but no money for the urgently needed Engines. that way started my first Partnership.
it sure did not go from there upwards all the way, there been many Disappointments and downpoints over the years,
it took many years to reach the point where it really started to be rentable.

don't look for Me in Cortecito,
I am in Cabeza de Toro, right at the Sportfishing Club, that is right aside the Watersports Center of the BeLife Punta Cana Hotel,
you can't miss me, I am every morning at the Pier right where the "Gladiator" is tied up/docked, and then of course again in the afternoons when the Boat come's back.
I run only that 1998 Blackfin Gladiator as My fully own Boat, and I operate completely my Friend's Boat the 37ft Emmanuelle, a nice Silverton.
the other 6 Boats are joint ventures with different Neighbours, I rent them and take care that the services on Board meet my required Standards so a Boat can be Branded/offered as a Fleetmember of Mike's Marina.

You always need a Vision and then You need to walk/move towards it, doesn't matter how hard the Counterwinds,
one day there will be the light seen at the end of the rough Journey.
it is only since around 3 years that Biz is mooving reliably profitable,
luckily this year 2011 looks very promising, the Tournament Bookings are the best ever.
and the good thing fishing over here is that we are from mid September til mid December almost on vacations, most rides during those 3 months are private rides without Customers, for the pure purpose to catch fishies, mostly by Deep Drop Bottom fishing on Red Snappers and big Groupers.

s'y' over here one day

Mike