Looking for a small charcoal or propane BBQ in POP

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I'm coming back to POP for 2 weeks this June and I'm interested in purchasing a small charcoal or propane BBQ like a hibachi or other similar style. I assume that La Sirena would carry something like this. Does anyone know if they carry stuff like that and how much it would cost? Or other stores in POP that do carry them. Walmart in Canada sells them for around $22. If I have to, I'll bring one down with me. But with the one suitcase per person limit, I'd end up paying extra to do this....and if it's more cost effective, I'd rather find one in POP....

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
you can get a bbq at La Sirena for around 1800 pesos that is used with carbon (charcoal). I have one and it is way better than any propane bbq.....personally I wouldn't waste money on a propane bbq......

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Thanks. I prefer the tast of food cooked over charcoal vs propane too. I've asked my boyfriend in the meantime to go take a look in La Sirena for some other stuff I'll need too. We've got a big group coming down this time and we need to purchase some air beds and stuff... I looked on the online flyer and they've got the airbeds for around $780-820 pesos.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they have plenty of all that because of semana santa: air beds, grills, plastic plates and cuttlery, all you can think of.
better buy here even if it is more expensive. save your luggage space for things you cannot get in DR like favourite spices and sauces.

i use charcoal grill too, had it made from stainless steel beer barrel. works fantastically well.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The small Weber "Smokey-Joe" type grills are around $50-$60...they sometimes have cheaper "portable" ones for around 20-30 bucks that should do fine for a few weeks. An air bed for around 800 pesos will be more like a pool float not an inflatable mattress...definitely not something you'd want to sleep on for more than a night or two...