Orange internet users - warning

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Late last year following the problems we experienced with our Orange NetHogar Pre-Pago Flybox connection, we were given 3 months free service along with lots of other clients, starting in December.

Since the three-month period expired, I've checked my balance several times at the local Orange office and was always told it was zero. The previous time I checked was about 2 weeks ago. No invoices were sent to my e-mail address - before December I always received a monthly notification a few days before the payment date.

Today I asked again and was told we owed 2 months, and I confirmed this by calling *555 (customer service). If I hadn't persisted in asking we would have been cut off in a few days time. No idea if this is deliberate or just the result of inefficiency. :confused:

So, if you're in this situation and were under the understandable illusion the 3-month period had been extended, check your balance NOW - and pay up. :mad:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Update

Now we've established we owe them money, they seem remarkably resistant to being paid.

So far today we've tried to pay in three different offices.

Orange dealer at Cruce de Ver?n, this morning - don't accept credit cards.
This was when we phoned Servicio al cliente who told us the Centro San Juan branch would definitely accept them - not the case. When we got there late this morning the response was: "Ya tenemos los Veriphone pero no nos han instalado la l?nea".
This afternoon went to pay - this time with cash - at the counter in Punta Cana Village (Movie Max) - "No hay sistema para recibir pagos". And no point in going to another office "porque no hay sistema en ninguna parte".

When I got home, there was the invoice in my inbox, warning me that I could be cut off - "Balance vencido a pagar. Pague de inmediato y evite suspensi?n".

::Hollow laugh::

Feb 7, 2007
So if they gave you 3 month free, how did you come to a conclusion you owed them? Did you somehow realize you really owed them, or was it that you resigned and decided to pay...??

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
After the three months were up, no invoices arrived, but I started asking at the Orange offices whether I needed to start paying and was told on about 3 occasions that I didn't and that the balance was zero. When I asked today, they told me I owed 2 months. It wasn't for want of trying.