Looking for a casita in Casa De Campo or close by, ayudame porfa

mamasitaRita

Apr 20, 2011
I just arrived to La Romana with my husband and two children and am a bit disappointed with the local we have been set up with.
We have been put up in a nice little house but it is super loud on a busy street. I would love to be in a nice LITTLE house in Casa de campo or Bayibe or Dominicus. My husband is volunteering at an Aids clinic in the heart of La Romana, so we can't be far, for he has to take a gua-gua to "work" everyday.
Of course we are willing to pay, but we can't afford anything too high-end.
Any tips are greatly appreciated, and we are happy to move in starting Monday April 25 after Semana Santa, and will need the place for 3 weeks!
Gracias

Last edited:

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Casa de Campo and "casita" are mutually exclusive concepts. Everything there is "high-end". I'm not sure about Bayahibe or Dominicus, but your chances are better there.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
You might get a deal on one of these guesthouses/apartments in Bayahibe.
Pagina Electronica de Villa Baya Aparta Hotel
Rooms & Apartments, German Guesthouse in Bayahibe, Dominican Republic

There are casita type houses in Bayahibe Village but I don't know of any available to rent.
Your best bet would be to come here for the day and walk around, look for "alquiler" signs and ask people. The village is small with most of the housing behind the main street.
Accommodation in Dominicus will be more expensive as it's more upmarket, modern apartments.

You could also look at the area known as Buena Vista Sur in La Romana, near the baseball stadium. It's a lovely, quiet area. Not sure if you'll find anything for rent there but it's worth a try.
Google Earth coordinates: 18?25'10.50"N 68?57'22.56"W