EdeNorte, EdeEste and EdeSur Power Distributor's new blackout schedule website

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Portal de Circuitos - CDEEE

At the end of 2010 the listing of the scheduled blackouts had disappeared from the EdeNorte web site.
Above is the new link showing the current level of incompetence of the Dominican power distributors. This link shows the shortest possible blackouts you may have. Actual blackouts will almost certainly be longer.

If you are unfortunate to be contracted to one of these companies staffed buy sub-humans, instead of wasting your time calling them to see when they might turn on power and getting the answer of "I don't know", you can use the above site, select the company, the province and the circuit you have to see the scheduled power outages in your area. Of course since most of the employees cannot read, they don't actually follow this schedule, but it gives you a rough idea.

Feb 7, 2007
Yeah i already knew about that site, what bothers me is that my area parameters are much better than many A-circuit areas, and our circuit is Class B. But it's a good starting point, maybe making some research and then showing up ed EdeEste to demand changes (dream on George...)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yeah i already knew about that site, what bothers me is that my area parameters are much better than many A-circuit areas, and our circuit is Class B. But it's a good starting point, maybe making some research and then showing up ed EdeEste to demand changes (dream on George...)

A similar situation for us. If we don't pay our bill, we would be cut off within days of the due date. Our circuit went from a Class C at the end of last year to a Class D this year because of all of the nonpaying clients we are unfortunately tied to. We are forming a home owners association to try and upgrade our project, but after already dealing with EdeNorte's liars, extortionists, and imbeciles before, I am not optimistic.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have gone to that website via the link but can you advise me how I establish which Circuit I am on please and am I right in assuming that the Sector is SABY 101 as it used to show for this area?

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Holy crap - I don't know if it is good or bad to see the actual numbers. We went from an average of 2.3hours a day in January to 5.34 hour a day in March and programmed over 7 hours a day in April. Give me a bloody break!!!!! Time to move.