jarabacoa

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
an any viewers provide some first hand knowledge about the town ( village) of Jarabacoa ?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
an any viewers provide some first hand knowledge about the town ( village) of Jarabacoa ?

Jarabacoa has been discussed at some length several times in the recent past. Normally doing a search would give lots of information, but I just tried and got almost nothing.

Apparently the search engine is not yet fully operational after the switch to the new server.

Last edited:

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Ken2 and Windguy, I'm in the process of looking for a place to retire, I've pretty much narrowed it down to the DR and now I'm trying to narrow it down to some specific areas within the DR. My criteria is simple and I'd like to think it's realistic. The ideal place I'm looking for would meet ( within reason) the following criteria. it has to be reasonably safe, clean , not a heavey tourist attraction , affordable housing ( or apartments) and a climate that does not cook you most of the time.
I realize there is no utopia and I'm just using this forum to glean out as much information as possable and also being reasonably close to good medical care is a plus.
Thanks for any information that you may be able to provide on the Jarabacoa area.
Chuck

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Jarabacoa is beyond village status, population-wise and meets your stated weather objective and has a tourist presence but not a heavy one. As for affordable, that would depend on your definition of affordable. There are a few gated type communities that are quite expensive and several that are affordable by most standards. La Sirena (store) is about 30 minute drive (La Vega) for bigger purchases.

Real estate detailed informations

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Thanks Bob ! I'll be in the $1,500/USD /Mo. range should be adequate no ? The house on the RE site you provided is a lot of house for $140,000 USD. and thats the asking price.
Chuck