Hotel in Rio Nizao

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There are a couple of hotels next door in Palenque, plus a guest house/hotel for longer term visits [LOTS of Europeans live there]. I've been to Nizao a few times, but don't remember seeing a hotel.

AE

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
There are a couple of hotels next door in Palenque, plus a guest house/hotel for longer term visits [LOTS of Europeans live there]. I've been to Nizao a few times, but don't remember seeing a hotel.

AE

I used to go to Nizao every weekend to surf at the Nizao Beach, a.k.a., Patos. I never saw or knew of a hotel in Nizao. As mentioned, look to Palenque for accommodation options.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Thanks

I already stayed in Palenque. Ok. Ill have to check this out. I just wanted to go to some out of the way place and figured that Nizao was close enough to the city for a few days. I want to discover but I have to take a bus where ever I go so sort of cannot go without having a little bit of a plan of where to rest this ole bod of mine.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I already stayed in Palenque. Ok. Ill have to check this out. I just wanted to go to some out of the way place and figured that Nizao was close enough to the city for a few days. I want to discover but I have to take a bus where ever I go so sort of cannot go without having a little bit of a plan of where to rest this ole bod of mine.

I have stayed at both of these.
Hotel Casablanca ? a jewel in the Dominican Republic > Home

lovely rooms, great food, charming lady owner.. no pool .. but breathtaking walk down to tiny sand beach.. rough looking but gorgeous... could be crowded if you go on a weekend but if you have the place to yourself... wowowowowow

Hotel el Quemaito
has a pool.. great lawn.. right next door to the other.. mediocre but satisfying food..

you can get a taxi from the Barahona bus station....