Is american embassy still issuing visas?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think i may need american visa. is the embassy operating in normal capacity?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
i think i may need american visa. is the embassy operating in normal capacity?

as far as I know, yes.. but normal capacity is still chocked a block full with long lines.. My advice is to apply in plenty of time, plan to stay over in SD so that you avoid some of the stress...

then we could meet for a drink and

you could meet the shihtzu!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha ha,
but Hey DV,
what ya wanna do with a american Visa???
who wnna get such??

don't tell me you wanna move.

with Your European Passport You can travel over there anytime, no visa needed, do such lil trips myself quiet often, show da european passport and you are fine for a visit and what ever you wanna do there.

Mike

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
ha ha ha,
but Hey DV,
who wnna get such??

with Your European Passport You can travel over there anytime, no visa needed, do such lil trips myself quiet often, show da european passport and you are fine for a visit and what ever you wanna do there.

Mike

USA still insists everyone apply for a visa waiver on line and pay a fee before travelling.
Not very friendly.
Yanandu.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Talk to the Consular Agent there in POP. Find out what you need. No sense in going to Sto Dgo if you don't have to. However, perhaps the opportunity to steal a shihtzu might be worth the ride...
And a drink or two with Mt. Annie....priceless!

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
european passport my a** :) polaks still need visas to USA.
i may have to go there to renew my passport. and shopping, of course. besides, i want to visit the country where i am going to be the thinnest person around! ;)

May 12, 2005
i may have to go there to renew my passport. and shopping, of course. besides, i want to visit the country where i am going to be the thinnest person around! ;)

You will have an easier time getting a visitor visa through Poland than you will as a DR resident.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And a lovely a** it is!! Talk to the agent, no matter what. I don't think that it will make much difference where you live. But maybe Frank knows something I don't...

However, just the hassle of getting a visa..ugh!! You need to get a PIN number etc etc....and remember that the Consulate observes both Dominican and US holidays.

Courteously,

HB

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
ha ha ha,
but Hey DV,
who wnna get such??

Mike

Mike, she wants to SHOP!!! And NYC or DC or Miami are actually worth the visit,,,, (wouldn't want to live there, mind you)

edm7583

May 29, 2007
USA still insists everyone apply for a visa waiver on line and pay a fee before travelling.
Not very friendly.
Yanandu.

Hilarious. And how is this any worse than being charged $10 every time you visit a country? At least the ESTA is good for two years and serves a specific useful purpose

And not all Europeans qualify for Visa Waiver. (not even all EU countries!) Poland, Romania, Bulgaria are notable exceptions.

Last edited:

web

Nov 5, 2005
Hey, thats a great idea. For the same reason I want to visit poland....not!

"Jedzcie, pijcie i popuszczajcie pasa"...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
You will have an easier time getting a visitor visa through Poland than you will as a DR resident.
i am a resident here but a polak first. it should make no difference where i apply. or should it? :confused:
not to mention that i need a visa to USA to AVOID expensive trip to poland (two trips, in fact) in order to renew my passport.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006

Let me know if you decide to visit DC area. Not everyone is the same here ;)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
i am a resident here but a polak first. it should make no difference where i apply. or should it? :confused:
not to mention that i need a visa to USA to AVOID expensive trip to poland (two trips, in fact) in order to renew my passport.

In theory, it should not matter where a Polish citizen applies for a visa to the US. However, you do know that you are in the DR where the embassy is very used to saying no.

Please do give the US consul on POP a call before you go through the procedure because it is indeed a very annoying one. Just to make sure there is no problem for you to apply here, etc, etc.

That is the best advice I can give from one "genetic" Pole (me) to a naturally born one (you). Shopping is a very good reason to go. The US needs the money.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Not very friendly.
Yanandu.

I've been a little confused about this. So even if someone is in a visa waiver program (Italy) they still need to apply for a visitor visa to visit the US?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
No visa needed for stays of 90 days or less. Here is more information: Visa Waiver Program (VWP)

Thanks, I've read this a few times and get stuck on this part

As of January 12, 2009, a valid ESTA approval is required for all Visa Waiver Program (VWP) to travel to the United States. The Department of Homeland Security, Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is an automated system used to determine the eligibility of visitors to travel to the United States under the VWP. It collects the same information as the paper I-94W form that VWP travelers fill out en route to the United States. ESTA applications may be submitted at any time prior to travel. An ESTA authorization generally will be valid for up to two years. Authorizations will be valid for multiple entries into the United States. DHS recommends that travelers submit an ESTA application as soon as they begin making travel plans.

so not a visitor visa but they still have to have this ESTA authorization?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I found the answer.

If you are a citizen of a country that participates in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), and you enter the U.S. by land from Mexico or Canada, you are only required to complete the paper I-94W form at the land border crossing. ESTA is currently required for air and cruise ship travel only.

Thanks