Taxi price from Zona Colonial to Airport

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
any one tell me what the price for a tax from the Colonial Zone to the airport would be and about how long it would take at 6 in the morning

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
No, I'm not a taxi driver but my girls brother is, they are the cheapest rates in the city, I think the only ones who will make a run for 120pesos these days. Usual minimum was 150, now most are charging 180, but these guys still charge a reasonable rate, well, cheapest in Santo Domingo that I'm aware of. Those and Anacaona but I've lost their number as I use these guys now.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Yes that seems about correct ..I paid 800 pesos about 6 months ago from Zona Colonial but there have been numerous petrol price increases since ///If you are comparing it to parking at the airport I paid 1400 pesos last week for 4 days stay

como vegano

Apr 2, 2011
From the airport to Zona Colonial is USD$40, pretty standard. That's if you're grabbing your luggage and snagging a random cab.

Last edited:

edm7583

May 29, 2007
arriving at the airport I go upstairs to the departure level and it took me 45 seconds to find a taxi to take me to the Zona Colonial for 900 pesos (less than $24) And I'm a gringo. (but with an acceptable level of Spanish). These are normal taxis dropping off passengers as the "official" (ripoff) cabs will not charge less than $40.

Going back simply call any legitimate taxi company and the fare should be max 1000 pesos. ($26.50)

$40+ are gringo prices.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
arriving at the airport I go upstairs to the departure level and it took me 45 seconds to find a taxi to take me to the Zona Colonial for 900 pesos (less than $24) And I'm a gringo. (but with an acceptable level of Spanish). These are normal taxis dropping off passengers as the "official" (ripoff) cabs will not charge less than $40.

Going back simply call any legitimate taxi company and the fare should be max 1000 pesos. ($26.50)

$40+ are gringo prices.

Actually,.., the price of the cabs from the airport are neither gringo nor rip off .. imho.. but reflect a bit of an increase over the phone dispatched cabs that take one out to the airport.. The cabs that are at the airport, like the ones that wait out side the malls, pay a fee for their places, and they will dead head back home. For instance, you can call a cab from a Mall and wait for it and pay $150 or you can take the one that is outside the mall for $200. Your convenience and your choice.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Going upstairs at the airport is little help to the OP, the request was from ZC to SDQ not SDQ to ZC. Jumping in a cab heading back to the city will give you haggling rights, (anything is better than nothing to the driver), but in the other direction you will be massively lucky to break $RD1000 as of lately. I don't think it is that bad for a trip to the airport, most airport journeys anywhere in the world trip a little extra.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Going upstairs at the airport is little help to the OP, the request was from ZC to SDQ not SDQ to ZC. Jumping in a cab heading back to the city will give you haggling rights, (anything is better than nothing to the driver), but in the other direction you will be massively lucky to break $RD1000 as of lately. I don't think it is that bad for a trip to the airport, most airport journeys anywhere in the world trip a little extra.

Well, I was also responding to another poster who stated that $40 is "pretty standard" from the Airport to the Zona Colonial, and to give the OP a general reference of what the same fare should be in the opposite direction.

edm7583

May 29, 2007

Just did it a couple of weeks ago. Called Apolo and they quoted me mil pesos right from the start.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Not getting the point of this post, re confirming what has been said a few times now. But there you go, new changes to the forum get people in all of a fluster!