Gold Treasure discovered off North Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Sometimes I'm amazed they haven't found more treasures in the sea to the North of Hispaniola given it's long history as shipping lanes and haven for pirates.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
That's neat stuff...the mirror object is very interesting looking..I wonder what its composed of?? Any thoughts??

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
i've always wanted to bring my metal detectors up to the north coast beaches for fun.you never know what you may come across one day.hopefully someone will stumble across some 1700 spanish treasure that got washed up on the beach.today's the day! i heard 2 spanish ships sunk at la samana bay.good place to start! if anyone had some luck with this throw some old dogs a bone.

i've always wanted to bring my metal detectors up to the north coast beaches for fun.you never know what you may come across one day.hopefully someone will stumble across some 1700 spanish treasure that got washed up on the beach.today's the day! i heard 2 spanish ships sunk at la samana bay.good place to start! if anyone had some luck with this throw some old dogs a bone.

Never found anything old, or valuable on the beaches here. But at least i got sunburned. Its ho-o-o-t walking the beaches here every day.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
After heavy storm surf there are a bunch of locals walking the beach looking for lost tourist gold. They often find very nice stuff. They are on the beach at daylight.

After heavy storm surf there are a bunch of locals walking the beach looking for lost tourist gold. They often find very nice stuff. They are on the beach at daylight.

They are looking for touristsgold every day, when i asked some of them why they dropped all the beer capsules back in the sea, instead of trow it in the garbage like i do- they looked at me like i was insane.

Rufo

Apr 4, 2011

So that's where I left it... I've been looking for that gold since I misplaced it 500 years ago...

On a more serious note:

I think that in DR and Cuba it would be more likely to find historic treasure on land. The way the Spaniards had the colonies set up had Puerto Rico as a heavily militarized port. Since navigation wasn't what it is today, any country looking to tap into the new world's gold and other goodies had to follow Columbus' navigational charts which forced them to sail just north of Puerto Rico. You sail by, we sink your ship. It is believed that the coast of San Juan, PR is full of treasures but, being right on the Caribbean Trench, it's too deep to be reached...

Status
Not open for further replies.