Mejia On Corruption

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Did you see the tough talk of Mejia in the DR1 news summary today?

"4. Mejia and prosecuting the corrupt
PRD presidential candidate Hipolito Mejia says that there are corrupt people in the current administration, and he announced that were he to win the presidency in 2012, he would prosecute them, a warning that he also directed towards the ranks of the military.

"He told Diario Libre: "I am not talking about any specific case, if there is a corruption problem in the country, we have to face up to it, and I am willing to face it, no matter who it is", said the politician when he was interviewed at the Ministry of Foreign Relations, before taking part in the Third Forum on Greenhouses. "

What a joke, this should have been in the clown section of the board. Corruption was rampant during his previous administration and, among other things, the newspapers published many articles and photos on the mansion he built in Jarabacoa with the money he left office with.

He and his administration should have been prosecuted.

There is no question the prosecution of corruption needs to start somewhere, but if he does win and if he does move against people believed to be guilty, I expect it will be members of the military rather than fellow politicians.

Nov 25, 2008
I guess you didn't hear the whole interview, a reporter asked specifically of a person in his past government if he was going to face charges.....Mejias response was "No not him he's my compadre ;personal friend]"
Same ^&%* different clown to run the island

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I guess you didn't hear the whole interview, a reporter asked specifically of a person in his past government if he was going to face charges.....Mejias response was "No not him he's my compadre ;personal friend]"

Now THAT's the Hippo we've come to know and...love????

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002

Now THAT's the Hippo we've come to know and...love????

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Complete DR1 summary:

Mejia and prosecuting the corrupt

PRD presidential candidate Hipolito Mejia says that there are corrupt people in the current administration, and he announced that were he to win the presidency in 2012, he would prosecute them, a warning that he also directed towards the ranks of the military.

He told Diario Libre: "I am not talking about any specific case, if there is a corruption problem in the country, we have to face up to it, and I am willing to face it, no matter who it is", said the politician when he was interviewed at the Ministry of Foreign Relations, before taking part in the Third Forum on Greenhouses.

In the particular case of Senator Felix Bautista, Mejia said that he would like him to be the PLD candidate so that "he (Mejia) could win with a greater plurality", on the understanding that the legislator has the facility" of appropriating what is not his", but he did not go into details. Nevertheless, upon being asked about the questioning of Euclides Gutierrez Felix, the Superintendent of Insurance on grounds for corruption charges, the former President was categorical in saying that he would not be prosecuted in his administration since he considered Gutierrez to be his "buddy".

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Well, for once, I certainly look forward to that... When Papa is elected, I hope he sends all PLD crooks to jail !
I believe there's now way more corruption than there was in 2000-2004...
(that said, I still supports Danilo, but I believe HM will win...)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Well, for once, I certainly look forward to that... When Papa is elected, I hope he sends all PLD crooks to jail !
I believe there's now way more corruption than there was in 2000-2004...
(that said, I still supports Danilo, but I believe HM will win...)

I have to say that you are a realistic person.