Looking for 300-500$ apartment in Punta Cana

airplanez

Apr 28, 2011
Looking for an apartment for around 3-500$ in Punta cana area.
Will be there for 3 months, arriving May 31st. 2 People.

Looking for mainly a
-Safe area
-Nearby Beach
-Nearby Stores, etc.

Write here, PM, or email @ icicle01@gmail.com

Thanks!

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Is that per week or per month?? You'll be hard pressed to find a furnished, move-in ready place that meets your requirements for the latter.

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
These are very low amounts for Bavaro, if you are talking about monthly. I'm assuming you're looking for furnished? At around US$500 it's not impossible. Check some of the smaller one bedrooms in IFA Bavaro, in Cortecito and maybe Los Corales. Even if the asking price is more, you can normally negotiate the price down.

If this is per week, then you're options are much wider.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I don't know how close to the beach they are, but there are 2BR furnished units in complexes with pools for under 500USD listed on supercasas.com. One bedrooms under 400. My understanding is that rental prices in that area are down in general. Lots of vacant units.

Not sure, but a 6 month lease may be needed to get those rates.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's a possibility in Pueblo B?varo. In Punta Cana Village 1br/studio type apartments are usually a little bit more but you can make an offer.

Mike_n_Val

Dec 24, 2010
You will be hard pressed to find something that low for only 3 months, the prices are lower if you are staying more than 6 months. My advice would be to come and stay at a cheap hotel for a few days, not the all inclusive type and get out on the street and search depending on how well furnished and location prices can vary dramatically even within the same complexes. It's not impossible but keep in mind at that price you will be responsible for your electricity use as well. I know of at least 1 or 2 places in the area for that price but they aren't very well furnished, only the very basics, bed, couch, dining table and a few kitchen wares. I know my landlord has one that may be available like I said earlier barely furnished but liveable depending on your lifestyle and what you need. If interested PM me and I would be happy to look into it for you and send you pics.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
That price is easy to find , less than $500US. There are loads, within 2 mins walking from the beach with pools around Bavaro. Nicely furnished, 24 hours security etc.
The problem will be less than 6 month contract but you will overcome that by driving around for a few hours. Don't do this over the net, or through an agent. Get down there, get into a hotel for a week, easily find an offer for next to nothing these days (we recently got a deal at $100 for both of us A/I per night).
I wouldn't live there again due to the bordom factor but the low cost of property rentals was a shock to me when we did move there. Lowest I've come across anywhere here.

airplanez

Apr 28, 2011
Thanks for all of your replies. I've decided to stay in a hotel-motel for around a week, but now I've got a new question. Can anyone here suggest a cheap hotel - motel that I can go to straight out of the airport?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Corticito Inn, you'll pay $RD5.500 for the week, if you pay daily they'll charge more, they have a pool, breakfast included and cable of sorts (crap reception). There are a couple of others of similar price dotted around but not as handy as this place. Corticito is on the beach as well so is cool. 1 week for less than $150US 25mtrs from the beach is pretty good.

You can actually rent an apartment in Bibijagua for $30 per day, all included, not luxury but you have a kitchen and privacy.

Personally I'd go for the Corticito Inn, they are nice enough for a cheap whirlwind stay where you are not around much anyway.

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I second El Corcito Inn. Good location, across from the Beach and Capt. Cook for fresh fish.

809-910-7625 ask for Enuilio, not sure of spelling, but he speaks good English.

airplanez

Apr 28, 2011
El corcito it is! 150 USD a week looks really good to start off with. By the way, does anyone know the price for taxi ride from PUJ to el corcito ?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
He will ask for $RD1.300. Walk with him and offer him $RD1000, you will get it, no problem. If he doesn't accept, walk back to the curb and another will take your arm off.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
For now just get a cheapy $RD595pesos ALCATEL burgundy phone with Claro. Will do you for everything, gets good coverage in the area and can get topups everywhere. When you leave, keep it for next time of just bin it $15US isn't gunna kill you. I can't recommend other coverage as I have only used Claro without any problem anywhere and so never had a need to change.

airplanez

Apr 28, 2011
Reviving this thread back up since i called el cortecito, and the manager said 150$ for 3 nights, asked him about the 150 for a week but he said they don't do that.

And one more thing, can anyone here link me Bibijagua hotel or give me the phone number? Can't seem to find it on google.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I've never had a problem haggling then cost down to RD$1000 per night from RD$1200-1300 we paid for a full week once and got it for RD$5000 or 5500, I'm sure! Unless they have jacked the prices up recently.
Bibijagua hotel doesn't exist. there are apartments in Bibijagua, if you go down you can speak to them, the guys are always around and if not ask the maintenance guy to call him, they have empty apartments they let go very cheaply. It isn't a hotel, like everything here you will find life much easier being on the ground, face to face with whoever you are negotiating with.