Anyone Besides Me Miss 'GOOD RADIO' Stations Here In The DR ?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Then,try this, live365.com
There are 100s of stations you can listen to on the internet.All types of music.and,...it's all free!:bunny::bunny:
I love,"Classic Country":pirate:
I have stereo speakers hooked to my laptop.You can listen and do other comp. tasks at the same time,like I am right now!
Let me know if you try it/like it???
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Yep ... definitely good stuff, and with the right price! You can find almost any kind of music there ... just need a good Internet connection and you're good to go. I like all kinds of music, but lean towards the "smooth jazz" (although some of the "oldies" do take me back to the days in 'Nam ...)

;)

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, I agree with the exception of the mandatory breaks 365 Live is excellent especially considering the price. Major 448 thank you for your service!

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Try using jango.com for listening to music. It is a free music website not a radio station. You can choose several different types of music. I listen to it at work and like that I can change the type of music to suit my mood.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Then,try this, live365.com
There are 100s of stations you can listen to on the internet.All types of music.and,...it's all free!:bunny::bunny:
I love,"Classic Country":pirate:
I have stereo speakers hooked to my laptop.You can listen and do other comp. tasks at the same time,like I am right now!
Let me know if you try it/like it???
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Yea man I hear you, I m super straight and would hump the life out of a herum BUT Conway Twitty is one cool bastard(RIP).

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'm listening to "Kevin Country" right now! "Conway" just sang ,"I Want A LOVER With A Slow Hand".
What we need in Santo Domingo is a good "Hillbilly Bar"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Took me a while to figure out what a "herum" was! I humped about everything.:p:confused:

Just checked out globa pandora,cost money to listen.

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
harem. there it is.
I like the songs from the Nashville Sound with the illustrious strings and big pompadours.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
This is why I put in WiFi in my apartment .. I have the littlest Bose speakers (available at PriceSmart for about $120) and can plug i my notebook computer.. to hear NPR ;; for as long as it lastsl!!... and my local down home station in the mountains of NC (wncw.org) .. or plug in my old cd player... or the radio.. or the ipod.. WOW isn't it grand?

sure glad that AL Gore invented the internet!

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Jango Radio is good, I am enjoying it, so far not cluttered up with adverts.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
thanks for your post windyman - I downloaded your suggestion but turns out it uses a usa ip so couldnt use it for the bbc , but have found something similar thanks to your post which I can use to watch uk tv programs free and I dont need to search for new ips every few days

I dont actually watch the programs very often lol but I like to beat the system

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
isn't the iNet AWESOME!!!! I'm sure that it will help ease the transition to spending long periods of time away from home, when the time finally gets here to retire and spend half the year in my new "second home". NPR in the D.R.... LOVE IT!

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I use Sirius Satellite in my car and home and that works great.....just another option

Last edited:

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
I have Sirius radio in my house in Santo Domingo. It is a portable unit and I have the kit to use it in my vehicles. I also retro-fitted my wife's escalade from XM ( which does not work in the DR ) to Sirius which does. There is a price for this, and some work is required to install it in vehicles, but to me the price is worth it. Besides all of the music choices, I get news from the states, comedy channels etc.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Shoutcast has plenty of stations that have little advertising and they are free. Try Radiotuna too.