Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel Directions from STI (Santiago Airport) to Lifestyle Tropical Resort and Spa

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand this should be 330 pesos ie less than 10 USD each way. It is really cheap. Please check again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybrash View Post
    HELP! I have read posts on here that span several years and they reccomend Caribe or Metro something or other to travel from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata. All of the posts I've read state that it is cheap, yet when I checked with Caribe, they told me it was $330/pp each way! That would be $1320 for my husband and I to travel across the island and back - more than we paid for our airfare and lodging combined. This just seems outrageous! Am I missing something? We are actually looking at changing our flight to fly into Santiago - I didn't realize there was an airport there when I made my reservations and it is actually cheaper than SD. So, can someone please tell me the best way to travel from either SD or Santiago to Puerto Plata that isn't going to break the bank? We looked at renting a car - which seems to be the cheapest option but after reading these posts and the US government travel website, it doesn't seem like a smart idea. Help. Anyone. Please! : )

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

if you can get better price for Santiago or POP ( even little expensive) that would be better than to take the risk of road transport. I understood that you want to spent your time only in POP

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sybrash View Post
    HELP! I have read posts on here that span several years and they reccomend Caribe or Metro something or other to travel from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata. All of the posts I've read state that it is cheap, yet when I checked with Caribe, they told me it was $330/pp each way! That would be $1320 for my husband and I to travel across the island and back - more than we paid for our airfare and lodging combined. This just seems outrageous! Am I missing something? We are actually looking at changing our flight to fly into Santiago - I didn't realize there was an airport there when I made my reservations and it is actually cheaper than SD. So, can someone please tell me the best way to travel from either SD or Santiago to Puerto Plata that isn't going to break the bank? We looked at renting a car - which seems to be the cheapest option but after reading these posts and the US government travel website, it doesn't seem like a smart idea. Help. Anyone. Please! : )
    Maybe you misunderstood the fare. The quoted price is in Dominican Pesos, which should come out to approximately $35 US Dollars R/T for both you and your hubby!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to cofresi palm beach resorts and spa and will be flying to sti airport. My question is how much is transportation for 4 people to and from hotel??

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is 5 years old.
    I know you can do it on the cheap via Javilla buses that will stop at the entrance of Cofresi

A car and driver for 4 people plus luggage should be in the neighborhood of $150 (???)

Try and get a poster named Bachata to get you a better answer.

Maybe he will see this.

Also, ask the hotel if they have pick up service. You do have options.

Enjoy your stay but get out of the resort and into town...

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12