Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to get the certificate of good conduct

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to get the certificate of good conduct

Hello,
    I'd like to apply for the fast track residency. Never spent more than 3 weeks in the DR, living currently in the US. Do I need the certificate of good conduct from the US, or from the Dominican police or both? Thanks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Just USA I think. I got one from UK before applying for residency but they never asked for it.
    Maybe things get tougher.
    Yanandu

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The U.S. doesn't give , " certificates of good conduct ", they will give you a copy of your police file when requested, but a certificate of good conduct doesn't exist in the U.S.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You can go to any Policia National station, pay about 500 pesos and get a good conduct statement. You can even get one that
    says you are a Priest for a few pesos more.

5. Likes yacht chef, SKing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if you are a american citizen then you only have to get a certificate of good conduct from United States...!!!
    It will help you to get the residency there very easily...!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Frankestein View Post
    Well if you are a american citizen then you only have to get a certificate of good conduct from United States...!!!
    It will help you to get the residency there very easily...!!!
    Thank you everybody,
    I am still not sure...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised because two of the answers were incomplete. For a DR residency card, one of the documents you need to present is a valid certificate of good conduct from the DR police. They are fairly easy to obtain but they are only valid for 30 days so you have to do it before submitting the application and supporting documentation. This is in addition to the one you need to produce from your home country, which needs to be translated into Spanish and notarised.

For a residence visa prior to entering the country you only need a good conduct certificate from your country of residence, along with several other documents, but the usual advice is to enter the DR on a tourist visa and start the residency card process with a lawyer once in the country.

9. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

ok chirimoya, but if the us does not give such a thing what then? From what I got from the OP he wants to know what to bring with him from the us to get this whole residency thing rolling in the DR before he comes saving him time and money. The DR part was great but what about the us part any help......

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a fact that the US does not issue good conduct certificates? The DR Migration authorities definitely state it is a requirement for both the residency card and the residency visa.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a fact that the US does not issue good conduct certificates? The DR Migration authorities definitely state it is a requirement for both the residency card and the residency visa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast