Los Ninos de Leonardo y Meredith

cacobaka

Mar 14, 2010
Does anyone know if this school is still running? I have tried contacting them some time ago but never received a reply. I'm wondering if it's still running.

Thanks for any leads!

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
The media section for Los Ninos de Leonardo y Meredith website has not been updated since 2008. I used to contibute to the non-profit, but have heard nothing from the organization in nearly 3 years. Even their fund-raiser listed in Upcoming Events, fails to include a date. (November 5, 2011 is on a Saturday, not a Thursday as listed.) Obviously, the website is sorely out of date and not being updated.

So, it is very questionable if the Los Ninos de Leonardo y Meredith organisation is still operating a school in Las Terrenas.

VeraJ

Nov 13, 2011
The School is Operating Very Successfully

We're sorry for any difficulty you've had connecting with the school, which has had 5 years of success! In Fact, 5 of our students are currently in the private high school and doing extremely well. Their costs are paid by Los Ninos de Leonardo y Meredith, where they return after school for assistance with homework and a hot meal. We expect that at least 13 others will graduate to the private high school in September, at which time we will enroll a new group of 20 students.

There is a new website, with a wonderful 9 minute video on the children and their goals and success. The link is http://losninosdr.org. If you have any questions, please follow the links for more information. We'd be delighted to hear from you!