Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 165

Thread: My teeth, my dental journey... (Photos & Video)

  1. #11
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good luck with it all, and while sitting here in the rain, the view outside the exam office window looked fantastic as well!

  2. #12
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Posts
    22,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DR2001 View Post
    Good luck with it all, and while sitting here in the rain, the view outside the exam office window looked fantastic as well!
    This Saturday I will take some more photos. They have a huge spectacular window in the reception that looks out onto a wooded park. The clinic is in a very nice part of Santiago and only a 2 min walk to Metro.

  3. #13
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,849
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    More pictures of the dental assistant please!!!!

  4. #14
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Posts
    22,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    More pictures of the dental assistant please!!!!
    Not going to happen.

    Next...

  5. #15
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's great you've found a good dentist you feel comfortable with. I've had dental anxiety issues since I was a child...my mom took me to a brand new dentist just out of college who had never worked on a child... he dropped the drill in my mouth and it bounced around chipping my teeth and cut my tonge and gums...Now, I have to take anxiety meds to be able to get dental work done now and I've recently had to get root canals and old fillings replaced on some molars...a couple crowns etc... I've considered getting a crown done while in POP but I just can't convice myself while on vacation to go to the dentist LOL. But perhaps having a good dentist like the one you've been to could make a world of difference?

  6. #16
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Posts
    22,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz72 View Post
    I've considered getting a crown done while in POP but I just can't convice myself while on vacation to go to the dentist LOL. But perhaps having a good dentist like the one you've been to could make a world of difference?
    When I was a kid they gave me gas for an extraction. It was a really bad experience and one that lived with me for a long time.

    But...

    They have a relax room with an excellent massage chair and oxygen therapy.
    It's used for patients that are nervous or have any type of anxiety.
    I haven't had to use it, but they tell me it works wonders.
    They also have video glasses to watch a movie or headphones for listening to music.

    When your'e in a 1st class environment, surrounded by people that all care about your well being, it goes a long way to relive any anxiety you might have. My root canals and crowns have been 100% pain free.

  7. Likes Chennifer liked this post
  8. #17
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    They have a relax room with an excellent massage chair and oxygen therapy.
    It's used for patients that are nervous or have any type of anxiety.
    I haven't had to use it, but they tell me it works wonders.
    They also have video glasses to watch a movie or headphones for listening to music.

    When your'e in a 1st class environment, surrounded by people that all care about your well being, it goes a long way to relive any anxiety you might have. My root canals and crowns have been 100% pain free.
    Thanks. That's encouraging. The dentist I currently go to, has flat screen tv's they pull down over you so you can watch and they give you sunglasses to avoid the splash...I usually wear my ipod to drown out the sound of the drill. They have all the new state of the art equipment etc... but it's just the smells and noises that get me all frazzled LOL a massage chair sounds really inviting.

  9. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Where in Santiago is this place Robert?

  10. #19
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Posts
    22,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz72 View Post
    Thanks. That's encouraging. The dentist I currently go to, has flat screen tv's they pull down over you so you can watch and they give you sunglasses to avoid the splash...I usually wear my ipod to drown out the sound of the drill. They have all the new state of the art equipment etc... but it's just the smells and noises that get me all frazzled LOL a massage chair sounds really inviting.
    They have pull down flat screens screens as well

    Yep, a drill spinning at 5,000 rpm is no fun in your mouth!
    Last edited by Robert; 05-03-2011 at 01:36 PM.

  11. #20
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Posts
    22,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    Where in Santiago is this place Robert?

  12. Likes Britcouple liked this post
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO