Flying to POP

leeannimal

Apr 9, 2011
When is the least expensive time to travel to POP??
I was contemplating a trip at the end of the summer?

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hey girl...knew you'd be back! But like with any touristy area, I would think no during high season. Try to avoid DR in August, December, and February. But maybe somebody from POP can tell you when its not so crowded, that would be off season and my guess is its cheaper then.

SHALENA

leeannimal

Apr 9, 2011
Hey girl...knew you'd be back! But like with any touristy area, I would think no during high season. Try to avoid DR in August, December, and February. But maybe somebody from POP can tell you when its not so crowded, that would be off season and my guess is its cheaper then.

SHALENA

So July and September are good times to go? i wouldn't have thorught that August is busy.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
So July and September are good times to go? i wouldn't have thorught that August is busy.
August is busy with Europeans on holiday. Hotels are busy, but if you are flying from the US, airfares should be reasonable.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007

I flew back and forth from DR to NYC every 2 weeks for 18 months, those are the times that I saw the airplanes most crowded. But this is for Santiago, I'm not sure about POP. Out of all of the months to go to DR (Santiago at least), August is straight crazy!! Most DomYorks head there in August too from the scene on the plane. Ridiculous!

SHALENA

Escalada

Aug 24, 2008
Pop

When is the least expensive time to travel to POP??
I was contemplating a trip at the end of the summer?

I fly into POP every month. I fly AA out of Miami. The prices are more or less the same all year long. I find it cheaper to fly on weekdays ( tue-wed-thur). The earlier you book your ticket the better price you will get. Also, on Tuesdays the airlines change their picing so Tuesday is always the best day to book a ticket.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I fly into POP every month. I fly AA out of Miami. The prices are more or less the same all year long. I find it cheaper to fly on weekdays ( tue-wed-thur). The earlier you book your ticket the better price you will get. Also, on Tuesdays the airlines change their picing so Tuesday is always the best day to book a ticket.

As I said before here, if you book the same rt flight on AA as two one way tickets you will save about $40 US. Try it and see.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I have flown down to POP from Ottawa on Air Canada, Continental, Chartered flights through package deals and will be going down on WestJet in June. You can usually find good prices in May, June..they go up in July because a lot of Germans and other Europeans take their holidays to DR then. They go down again in Aug, Sep, Oct... they are highest during Dec, Jan and April because of the holidays... although you'll find even during the so called low season there are less sale prices offered by travel agencies and air fares can be just as high as AI packages for a week's stay. I find the best prices normally on tripcentral.ca and they will let you do a lowest price calendar to search a broad time frame.