How NOT to give!

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Last summer my daughter who is a US born & educated Honors Senior at a large midwestern University was with her two Dominican cousins who are both college graduates. They were walking on the road in what used to be called Sosua Abajo and then Maranatha and now something else. One of those giant open tour trucks drove by going dangerously fast. The folks on board probably with good intentions started thowing out candy and pencils. My daughter who thinks she is a comedian yelled out loudly in English " Oh Thank You Master". It sounds funny but her cousins did not find it amusing.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
It is funny!!! Just what this country needs pencils and candy. Loosen up a bit. Life is short and looking for humor is healthy.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Forgive the tourists, they don't know better. The two things that Dominican children need the least are pencils and candy, they all have their share. I'm not a fan of those Jungle Giant tour buses, they seem to want to run everyone off the road as they head to the river through Maranatha. And it is still Sosua Abajo and Maranatha, the names haven't changed.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Dominican road rules. The biggest vehicle does what it wants and everyone else look out.