Working remotely from Cabarete / Reliable & Fast Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuacabarete

May 6, 2011
I am looking for feedback, information, and advice about about working staying somewhere with an extremely reliable and fast internet connection so I can work remotely from Cabarete. I work for a software company located in Montreal, Canada. The software is a flash-based application and I'll need to connect to our server via VPN.

Ideally I'd like to stay at or near Kite Beach, or anywhere that's around Cabarete. Preferably on or near beach, affordable, and of course has a work space and internet connection so I can work in confidence.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on how I can make this happen in July this year?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Flash-based applications? A lot of bandwidth?

Good luck!

joshuacabarete

May 6, 2011
Flash-based applications? A lot of bandwidth?

Good luck!

No kidding. Fortunately I don't work in the application... I do account management. However, I'll need to use during calls while simultaneously running a gotomeeting. Gmail, facebook, and other low-bandwidth programs in the background.

enlightened1

Apr 22, 2011
Was just out researching among other things, this issue. I concluded that I needed to be in a place where I could have cable run and have the internet provided by the cable service. Heard nothing but good things from users of the cable service which apparently is piped over by comcast and repackaged. Heard and have personally experienced nothing but difficulty with the phone co.'s I intend to hook up cable and phone so that there is redundancy.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
You will have to wait for the phone, unless it is already in your unit. Highly unlikely. All or most of the line are taken. You can try the cable Co's, but they come and go. Only go out when you need them. You may want to try renting a condo that already has a phone line. Then you can get internet service. You'll have to get a OK from the owner. It won't be cheap. Sorry to bust you bubble, but nothing is easy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.