"Pay for Play" new documentary on prostitution in the Dominican Rep.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
YouTube - Jamel Shariff Live "Pay for Play" Prostitution Uncovered In The Dominican Republic (HD)

Not very well put together in any aspect...but an attempt by the creator to bring to light a lifestyle that has become very rapid and extremely attractive to tourist from all over the world.

I have a lot to say about this presentation...but I'll wait for some comments from you guys first.

Video is not that bad. Very real but I am going to move this to the video forum and let the moderator decide whether the contents are appropriate for DR1.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you can uncover prostitution in any major town in any country......but it wouldnt be so much fun in newcastle

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I couldn't get past the first few minutes. I know the guy's an amateur....but that was truly horrible....I mean he's trying to interview Spanish speakers...and doesn't even speak Spanish! And in the first interviews he says twice that Dominican prostitutes work to pay for minutes on their cell phone...then use the minutes, then have sex again to make money for more cellphone minutes! I know Claro and Orange rates are kinda high but....c'mon! Then he says that these girls never save any money...but then interviews a girl who lives in a nice house...which I assume she pays for with the money she saves from prostituting! :ninja:

I applaud the guy for trying to expose something that many people may not be aware of...but it's hard to take him seriously..

eesh..I just forwarded through a bit and now he's falling for a street girl that he wants to take to New York and "treat like a Princess"....but of course he's trying to chat her up in English and she doesn't understand a word....

As they say..."don't quit your day job!"

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What a waste of bandwidth, this guy prolly went home with blue balls!

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I punched out at a minute and a half. What I saw was shot behind the once great Playa Vista in Boca Chica.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
THAT WAS AWFUL, I MEAN, COME ON..... "Italiano, freaky, freaky, dinero?"....IS THIS DUDE SERIOUS???

SHALENA

DR2001

Jan 2, 2011
Yup, this was horrible! Hubby and I just finished watching it along with some rebuttals on You Tube. Dude needs to keep his day job. Guess he's never been to Vegas...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The video was garbage. A poorly executed concept articulated very badly. This guy was stuttering, bumbling and stumbling along with no outline, no script and no idea where he was taking it.

The whole "you gotta do what you gotta do" mantra is a cop-out. How tiresome. Females in similar circumstances manage to find other ways to make a living other than drinking Presidente beer all day and going to the bathroom in front of total strangers while being videotaped. That part was classy, a moment I'll never forget.

Here's the rebuttal-

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ziMg91061F4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What a dork! No wonder he disabled comments in YouTube.

I wonder how much he paid the girls to stand there and listen to his incoherent and ridiculous mumblings?

I could walk around any major city in the USA or Europe and do the same interviews.

Caribe

May 11, 2011
Hopefully my response won't be removed, but I think it's strange how this guy seems to have something against "Italianos" and "white men." This isn't an expose' ... this happens here in the USA, too. Right here in NYC, I can go and pick up a street walker that needs to make money and provide for her family. ..

A serious journalist would have NEVER filmed a woman on the toilet. I mean, did that really add value to the story?

Lastly, if someone is going to do a documentary - at the streets level - in a non-English-speaking country, it would make sense to speak the local language. How pathetic for the hustler at the end to highlight that he speaks 5 languages. The journalist spoke only English. He's definitely American!

Caribe

May 11, 2011
If you gonna do a video on prostitutes in DR, Why on earth would you find the ugliest crack whores you can find. They were God awful ugly skanks.​

Okay, well there was that one girl who seemed to have her act together. She had the house. She was cute.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Okay, well there was that one girl who seemed to have her act together. She had the house. She was cute.

Cute? She had a keister bigger than Pico Duarte! :cheeky:

Beauty really is in the eyes of the beholder. :laugh:

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Those hooker he interviewed were not attractive and some was fat. The video was long and boring. If I had to film a documentary on prostitution in DR, I would film in Sosua. Most women you encounter in Sosua are hard core pros or supplement their income by selling stash on the side.