Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aparthotel near U.S. Embassy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aparthotel near U.S. Embassy

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone knew of any aparthotels in Santo Domingo that are within walking distance of the U.S. Embassy. I am in college and will be an intern there this summer. Since I am in college and will be paying for my stay, I am hoping to find something that is relatively inexpensive, but a quality establishment in a good location. I've heard that many aparthotels will give discount rates for an extended stay (such as 10 weeks). Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Hotel Jardines Teatro

Moderator - Off-Topic
    Post Thanks / Like

Might be better to look at a short term furnished rental. They're sometimes available in the "rentals" section on this site. It may be a bit cheaper, although I'm sure any of the apartahotels will cut you a nice discount if you rent by the month.

Another nice option is the Jaguar Apartments, located behind the Jaragua hotel. It's easy cab distance, and they often do monthly specials.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

try ::Hostal Plaza yu:: which is on Pasteur near Bolivar.. You can walk to the Embassy. They do long term rentals but you will do much better if you come here and negotiate in person. Best book a room there for a night and see if you like it and then talk to them about it. It is owned by a Dominican woman who is very nice and takes great pride in her place.. and she will definitely make you a deal if you offer to pay the electric seperately .. All the rooms are different so that you have to see the place.

Plus , you are hereby officially invited over to dinner at my place

meatloaf, mashed potatoes, etc.....

good for you for serving!!!

welcome to the Dominican Republic

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Meatloaf,Mashed Potatoes,...Gravy????...Can I Come????

I'll bring a "covered dish"!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

List of Hotels in Santo Domingo (City) on the net (links)

Hotel Residence City - Santo Domingo

The English language page for Hotel Residence City appears to be offline.

Pasteur at Bolivar is a long walk to the Embassy. I wouldn't want to walk that in the summer heat.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

of course you can!

just make sure that the "dish" is one that I can put in the oven, ok?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSUgolf View Post
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone knew of any aparthotels in Santo Domingo that are within walking distance of the U.S. Embassy. I am in college and will be an intern there this summer. Since I am in college and will be paying for my stay, I am hoping to find something that is relatively inexpensive, but a quality establishment in a good location. I've heard that many aparthotels will give discount rates for an extended stay (such as 10 weeks). Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!
    Hotel Esmerelda: $600 a month includes: water, electricity, AC (at night), wifi, kitchenette, dinnerware and cable that has US channels. Not bad for $600. Located near McDs near the Embassy.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rh8371 View Post
    Hotel Esmerelda: $600 a month includes: water, electricity, AC (at night), wifi, kitchenette, dinnerware and cable that has US channels. Not bad for $600. Located near McDs near the Embassy.
    I stayed there for three months.. the Esmeralda is nice, and clean... But much closer to the Consulate than the Embassy. But the OP should check out both..

do you have contact info for the Esmeralda?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    I stayed there for three months.. the Esmeralda is nice, and clean... But much closer to the Consulate than the Embassy. But the OP should check out both..

do you have contact info for the Esmeralda?
    Thank you for all the responses so far! I think I found Esmeralda's website: Esmeralda Guest House. Is this the same one you stayed in? All the suggestions have been great. This definitely gives me options! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast