Sosua Garbage Cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Interesting article in the Sosua News today about efforts to keep Sosua clean. The article includes a phone number you can call to report litter.

"Since Ilana Neumann is in office as the new mayor of Sos?a, much work has been done to beautify and clean our beach town. In the first few months, this was mainly the work of volunteers, as Ilana arrived in office with a budget deficit of 13 million pesos! After eliminating the debt she immediately hired a professional garbage collection service (Empresa de Servicios Comunitarios Limpieza), in order to keep our beach town and the surrounding communities clean.

"For complaints or reports of the garbage collection the service has set up an emergency phone number which has already been called several times. You can call them if you are happy with the service, but of course you can also report about litter. The phone number is: 809-571-2528"

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
She is doing a great job so far. Everybody I speak with always mentions how clean Sosua is these days....tourists and locals alike.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
can't wait to get back there next month, third year in a row :)

First time i've been back on this forum for a long while too. Seems like the extensive clean-up of Sosua has extended to this forum as well... browsing around, there seems to be nowhere near the level of negative posts from prostitute lovers/sympathisers ****ing and moaning about everything this mayor's doing that there was 5 months ago.... so many it put me off reading the forum anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.