Sports Bar In Santiago

will92

May 4, 2011
Hi everyone my name is Will, I live in the US and I am thinking about moving back to DR sometime in the next 12 months. A friend of mine is also considering the move with me to open up a business out there. One of our business propositions is opening a sports bar in the Santiago area. Any feedback/suggestions or any thoughts you may have on this would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry WILL:
But you face incredible, truly heavy, competition in any major city.
the Sports Betting places have everything from Puerto Rican horse racing to every major league sport you know the
letters of: NBA< MLB< NFL< NHL, and take bets on it all.

And then there are the bars, like Something Jack over in front of the Metro Station in Santiago with big screens and Sports.

KNOW ye: Dominicans are gamblers, not that much sports fans. If they can't bet, they don't go.
For an example: When there are major matches/fiixtures in European Football (Soccer) --be it the Premiership, Serie A or la Liga, places like the Centro Espa?ol will have it on the big screen with really inexpensive food and beverages...basically, they are cheapskates.

A sports bar as we might know it won't fly, in my honest opinion...

HB

will92

May 4, 2011
thank you for the insight, on another note what businesses do you see making profit out there right now. when I was there a few months ago I saw a lot of liquor spots everywhere just a thought

May 12, 2005
Trying to start a successful business is very very difficult. You might actually have a better chance winning the Loteria. Unless you can find a niche or service that no one else has and folks with disposable income need it.

will92

May 4, 2011
Thank you guys for your insight I'll keep you posted on any other ideas I may have questions on. If you have any feel free to post them