Temp Resident Visa Canada: QUESTION

jajajenny

Apr 28, 2011
Alright, so it has been made very clear to me from numerous people on numerous occasions that the rejection rate statistics are not in our favor. But I have to ask for advice anyway.
My boyfriend is going to SD Wednesday to submit the app.
We've gathered our docs; multiple work letters confirming employment and confirming vacation entitlement, invitation letters from myself and from family members both confirming that we have both maintained full-time permanent employment for years and intend to travel back and forth during our vacation entitlement, proof of my rental agreement in Canada for verification that he does not require hotel accommodations, medical clearance, police clearance, bank letter showing the balance in his account and that he can support himself, all of the application forms completed, and more. The only other thing I would like to submit is the airline ticket to show proof of paid travel and return. This is a visa for multiple entry purposes though so we can only provide proof of the initial trip at this time...
Based on all of this information does any of it matter?
Is somebody really going to just glance at the paperwork for a minute and make a decision?
Does anybody know what the statistics surrounding the TRV for Canada are like?
How many people actually get approved and if so what have they/you done different?

Thanks
*fingers crossed*

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I hate to tell you it probably just does not matter. A few get accepted and most do not. It sometimes seems like the luck of the draw. ALL you can do is submit everything you can and hope you get it lucky.

This is a visitors visa correct? OR is it something else? Your wording in various parts makes me wonder.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Odds are better than ever before. It is now worth a try. Expect a no and hope for a yes!

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
whys he going wednesday... unless they changed it i thought it was still mondays & wednesdays ?

jajajenny

Apr 28, 2011
Open to the public Mondays to Thursdays from 8:30 to 11:00. Also he had to request a switch for his day off of work.

jajajenny

Apr 28, 2011
Odds are better than ever before. It is now worth a try. Expect a no and hope for a yes!

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

You can expect to hear an answer Thursday.... If he's approved I'm sure plenty of people on this site will be a little more optimistic about re-applying.

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
My boyfriend was granted TRV in October to Canada. But I live here, so we also had proof that I would be returning to live/work so I wouldn't be a reason for him to remain in Canada. Good luck! It seems better now than before, so at least the odds are improved!