I need a Mentor,, re canadian PR visa

mudmommy

Oct 14, 2010
I need a mentor from some one who has recently been thru the whole process of bringing their spouse to Canada after marriage,, I have some questions that ive looked every where on the canadian immigration web site and the more i read the more i get confused,, so,, id like to know if any one is available to help me with the process and keep me sain,,, the 2 questions i have right now are,,

1. Does the police certificat need to be translated into english? if so,, where do i get this done,, and when u apply for the police check is it a 1 day deal, u apply and get the paper the same day?

2. Medical,, i know the form is in english, but im wondering again if you get the results and the paper signed all in the same day? (i need this to send with the rest of the papers,,)or is every thing on Dominican time (dont get me wrong i love dominican time when im on vacation !) I am heading back to the DR in july to do the paper work with my husband and i want to come back with all the i's dotted and t's crossed but my husband wants me to go to the doctor with him,, but im not sure if we can do it in one day or if he should do it before i arrive?

we will be travelling from Bavaro to get this done,, and i HATE the capital,,,, any info is greatly appreciated,,,

Tks
Mudmommy

mudmommy

Oct 14, 2010
Sorry Bronxboy ,,, im from a small town,, and the traffic and confusion stresses me out big time,,, i shouldnt have said i HATE the capital, i should have said i hate the traffic,,,sorry,, i have been to the capital and seen the churches etc,, and they are absolutely beautiful,, i do much better walking than being a passenger driving in the city,,,,

mudmommy

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
1. Does the police certificat need to be translated into english? if so,, where do i get this done,, and when u apply for the police check is it a 1 day deal, u apply and get the paper the same day?

Police Certificate needs to be translated into English. It can be done by any certified translator. In can be done in the DR or in Canada but most people say it is cheaper in the DR.

2. Medical,, i know the form is in english, but im wondering again if you get the results and the paper signed all in the same day? (i need this to send with the rest of the papers,,)or is every thing on Dominican time (dont get me wrong i love dominican time when im on vacation !) I am heading back to the DR in july to do the paper work with my husband and i want to come back with all the i's dotted and t's crossed but my husband wants me to go to the doctor with him,, but im not sure if we can do it in one day or if he should do it before i arrive?

For the medical, they will give you a form to include with your application. It is in English so it doesn't need to be translated. The actual medical results are sent to Port au Spain, Trinidad for processing and the info will be matched up to your application at a later time during the process.

we will be travelling from Bavaro to get this done,, and i HATE the capital,,,, any info is greatly appreciated,,,

Tks
Mudmommy

It is highly reccommended to be very early at the medical office. The faster you get that done, the faster you can get to the procaduria for the police check. It can be done in 1 day but you need to be early or you will spend you day waiting in lines.

mudmommy

Oct 14, 2010
Thank you so much Sangria,, this is exactly what i was looking for,, is there no way to make and appointment at the doctor?? and how early is early? do you happen what days and hours this doctor works? i called on friday and no answer, i called today and the girl that answered the phone only spoke spanish,,,(my spanish is not good) and how do i find a translator in the DR?

tks so much
Mudmommy

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
No appointment necessary.

Hours are Monday - Thursday 7am-11am

I would be there prior to 7am as it is 1st come 1st serve. Could take anywhere from 1 hour to all day depending how many are ahead of you.

Here is the website for the new office.

Consultorios de Visa -- WELCOME