Donation ready for orphanage or schools in need near Andr?s or Santo Domingo!!

ambressence

May 6, 2011
I am returning to the Dominican Republic this summer to teach english classes in Andres this August. Through the Rawlings Leadership Fellows Program at University of Maryland and LeMoyne Community Center, I have been able to raise donations of books, school supplies, clothes, and computer accessories as well as the funds to ship these items to DR this summer when I return.

The wonderful thing is that, we have more donations than what is needed for children the small after school program where I will be teaching this summer. If you know of a school or orphanage in need close to Andres (preferably) or Santo Domingo I would love to have a contact so that I can be able to ship these extra items to children in need!!!

To learn more about the Rawlings Undergraduate Leadership Fellows Program
Undergraduate Offerings | Public Policy, University of Maryland

To learn more about the LeMoyne Community Center
LeMoyne Community Center | Facebook

Thank you!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What's wrong with Santiago's Orphanage? We have 27 kids that need a lot of love...

HB

ambressence

May 6, 2011
What's wrong with Santiago's Orphanage? We have 27 kids that need a lot of love...

HB

I would love to send the donations to Santiago! But, since I will be living in Andres for a month, I wanted to be closer to the where ever the donation goes in order to help with the transportation of the items and also I would like to be able to build a relationship with children and the staff at wherever organizations the donations are sent to! Please seemed me more information about Santiago's Orphanage, if possible. I have a colleague who will also be in Dominican Republic this summer and she will be very close to Santiago...I would love to help 27 kids in need!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Anbressence, please send a PM to Juanita on this list. She is involved with at least one orphanage in Santo Domingo and will be able to guide you well.

Thanks for what you are doing!

AE

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning Ambressence, A word of caution. I do not know about the group of kids that you are teaching but as far as the kids in Santiago they appreciate in their way what is done for them do not expect gratitude in return for your efforts. You do what you do because you want to. I don't mean to sound harsh but I have had the adult guidance of the Professor HB to prepare me for the realities. if you just had off anything of value there is a strong chance that it will be at least partially diverted fr private gain. Be happy and best of luck and try and enjoy yourself. if your colleague cares to he/she can contact me here because the hids at the orphanage here could certainly use attention. My skill at wiggling my ears and lectures about "the US has 50 states and New York is only one of them" are wearing out.

Lorianna

May 14, 2011
Guanin Centro Cultural Could use your donations that you could donate?

Hello,
We sure could use some donated items for the Guanin Centro Cultural Center, in Santo Domingo. We will have a Summer Camp for Haitian and Dominican children in La Piedra Community June 27-July 29th...Please view our website Centro Cultural Guanin, Inc. We are lson on facebook Centro Guanin. Please reply to me I am from Connecticut and am a volunteer program manager for the childrens programs there...Thank you Laurie
I am returning to the Dominican Republic this summer to teach english classes in Andres this August. Through the Rawlings Leadership Fellows Program at University of Maryland and LeMoyne Community Center, I have been able to raise donations of books, school supplies, clothes, and computer accessories as well as the funds to ship these items to DR this summer when I return.

The wonderful thing is that, we have more donations than what is needed for children the small after school program where I will be teaching this summer. If you know of a school or orphanage in need close to Andres (preferably) or Santo Domingo I would love to have a contact so that I can be able to ship these extra items to children in need!!!

To learn more about the Rawlings Undergraduate Leadership Fellows Program
Undergraduate Offerings | Public Policy, University of Maryland

To learn more about the LeMoyne Community Center
LeMoyne Community Center | Facebook

Thank you!!

Lorianna

May 14, 2011
Centro Cultural Guanin, Inc.
guanin-centro-cultural-center-summer-camp

Please contact:
Laurie Tompkins
laurietompkins@gmail.com