Quality of Content DR1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Forgive me if I appear to tread too heavily but am I mistaken that the quality of posting has recently been "dumbed-down"?
I see replies to threads so far off the topic that they are indiscernible spots in the galaxy of wisdom and grammatical and spelling errors which would have put my old teachers in a lunatic asylum.Whilst I realise that many posters are not first language English or American speakers (I am fluent in both by the way) that is not a great isuue of concern but when I read some of the rambling,insulting,unhelpful,negative, flippant and downright obscene replies to what starts as a simple query by the OP I am flabbergasted!

One doesn't expect this forum to be a literary shining example but I am getting worried about the lack of intelligent discussion and blatant, may I say, 'Stupidity' that sometimes greets me here.
The dreadful discussions on "Dominican Foibles and 'shortcomings'" and "how to treat Hookers in Sosua" "am I being Sankified?" etc.are wearing thin now and are often replied to by persons having no clue of which they speak.

Is there some sort of gas they use in the 'white man's metal bird' that converts American and European passengers into some sort of magical Oracle, suddenly able to dispense wit and wisdom to the aboriginal population and the existing expats on a flight of a few hours?

Sort of IQ gas maybe?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You get out of DR1 what you put in. It goes up and down like any community.

Why don't you start adding some quality posts based on your criteria for quality.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.