Discos in Bayahibe

J

Jensita

Are there any surviving discos in Bayahibe after the Hurricane? If so are they good? When do they open? Close? Do they take US dollars or Pesos? any other commentary about the discos themselves would be great!!!

Jenn

N

NewT

The only one I can think of is in La Romana just off the church square. I don't recall it's name. You will have more choices in Higuey and even Punta Cana. Good luck.

R

Rebecca

There are 2 that I know of in Bayaibe. One is a french place. It was pretty dead when I was there. Although I went with 5 other friends, so we just made our own little party.

The other was better. They only took pesos. They played mostly merangue. It was mostly a local place. Very few tourist, which in my opinion made it better! The people were very nice and taught us how to dance. It was great. I don't know the name of it, but if you go into town and ask for the disco, I am sure that is where you will end up.

J

Jensita

Thanks Rebecca we will definitely check it out!!! I wasnt sure if the huricane had done damage to them or not. We were there last year at this time and we cant wait to go back. I have no interest in hanging around the tourists at the hotel disco because its all American Music and I only want MERENGUE!!!! I love it!!!!

Thanks so much....

Merenguita, Jensita