Santiago orphans different

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Growing up relatively poor in the midwest US I had to go to the Boys Club for recreation. It was the only true racially integrated place around and there was some tension but mostly wariness. BUT when the orphans came it was alltogether different. Black or White they were uniformly ugly, mean, and stupid always bullying and starting fights. Here in Santiago after considerable observation I see and correct some mild bullying but all in all the kids are very nice to each other and frequently share without asking to the other kids. I wonder why?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
That's the Dominican way; share and be non confrontational. There's always exceptions of course. This doesn't mean they don't kid one another but I like you seem to think it isn't as quite mean spirited as say back in the States.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I think on the whole there is less violence and bullying here but it does exist. My son said the kids were "too violent" at one of the schools he attended in the capital and that there were fights every single day. I also know of some cases of psychological bullying as well as physical fighting in several others.