Showing my parents the resort in Cofresi

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
We stayed a night in Miami on both ends of the trip in order to not have to stay overnight in the airport. We arrived and set ourselves up in the suite. The first full day I showed them around the resort and we went to both of the different beaches. The second day I past for us to go on the Outback Safari tour, more for my parents then myself since I had been on it in the past. They really liked seeing how most people live in the DR and the things that grow in the country.
The second day I rented a car and we went up the cable tram to the top of Mt. Isabel de Torres. It was cloudy off and on but when it was clear you could see from Luperon to Cabarete. There is a somewhat new restaurant there that has views of the Cibao when it is clear. There is also now a road for access but I don't know when it was built. After that we tried to go to the amber museum but the one I knew had been torn down and I didn't know where the other one was.
The next day we took a long car trip in a loop. We drove from the resort and visited Whirleybird and her huge amount of dogs. She lives off of the road to La Cumbre de Moca so we continued over the mountains to Salcedo where I took my parents to the Hermanas Mirabal museum.
Then we drove to Santiago for dinner. This was not without incident since we ran into the start of a riot in Licey. I had gotten police driver training during my Criminal Justice degree and I put this to use here to avoid the burning tires and the people running in front of me. After we were out of the danger went to the "La Brasa" restaurant and ate dinner there. Then we drove back to the resort via the Navarette road.
The next day I returned the car and we spent the day at the beach. The last day I had a sort of girlfriend visit and I went to the beach with her and showed her the resort. There was a big resort party at night but I found this too loud and overblown so I went to do something else. The next day we returned to the USA.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Very event filled! The most I do on vacation is lay on the beach and the pool soaking up the sun. It's "Hola, Morena!" when I arrive and "Hola, Negra!" by the last day!

SHALENA