Dominican eateries, "dish of the day" and any cheap restaurants in Bavaro

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Hi folks!
Any suggestions of Dominican eateries around Bavaro area? If near Cortecito area better.
For how much you can have a "dish of the day"? what kind of food you get in that kind of dish? Enough for a meal? (I dont eat much).
I assume quality of food maybe not the best one, but at least clean places?
Also, any cheap place to enjoy my loved Spanish Paella?
Thanks again people!

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Comedor Expresso Cortecito on Av. Francia. Basic comedor (Dominican eatery) Round the corner from Chez Mon Ami on road going towards beach in Cortecito. Busy with local workers at lunchtime. Generous portions of rice & beans, stewed chicken or beef, fried platanos (tostones) and salad about 150rd (probably cheaper if you're a regular).

On Av. Espana next to Plaza Riviera - Comedor Comoma - very clean (with white table cloths!), tasty Dominican grub and excellent fresh juices, grill in the evenings. Meal as above with large, fresh juice around 300rd but that's probably a non-regular gringo price.

La Yagua opposite Plaza Bavaro (a couple of shops away from Steve's Corner Bar).

Paella - El Pulpo Cojo on Cortecito beach, sorry don't know prices but I've heard their paella is good.
Also at Captain Cook's seafood restaurant in Cortecito, but it's a real tourist trap with inflated prices.
Paella - Plaza El Dorado in Los Corales - Jesus Que Tapas (Spanish tapas restaurant, maybe they also do paella?)
Paella - (15-20 mins north of Cortecito) Kukua Restaurant Beach Club, entrance via Punta Blanca Golf just before Gran Bahia Principe resort. 17$US seafood paella with black rice. Menu prices here (tax not included): La Carta - Restaurant Menu - KUKUA Restaurant Beach Club

buen provecho!

stephrossi

Feb 3, 2011
Tried the paella at Pulpo Cojo and thought it wasn't great for the price.
I also saw a sign for daily paella in the little eatery between Las Lenas and the gas station in Friusa, but never tried it.
My favorite dominican: at the corner of Av Espana & Av Francia, accross from Non Solo Pizza.