Reasonable hotels near PUCMM

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
there is one in Olympic Plaza further down on Sadhala but it may not be to your liking. Olympic Hotel or something like that.

May 12, 2005
What about the Matum? Not within walking distance but just a short cab ride away. But still can't beat the Platino for easy access to PUCMM.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hotel Los Jardines. About 1400 with breakfast, a 3 minute walk to M publico line, 5 minutes to PUCMM. WIFI, A/C, new, clean, safe and near everything!! What more do you need??

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
yea HB but for that price he can stay AT Platino right across the street from PUCMM. I will admit Los Jardines is really nice though...

I wanna ask the OP what is the price range he was looking to spend?

Jan 17, 2009
Platino rates went up substantially last year. The cheapest room is RD$1,400 for one person only, plus 26%, and it's really a very small room with a double bed and tiny bathroom. I paid less for two persons and a much larger room at Matum. Only problem with Matum is street noise. You got to stay in a room in the back of the building.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Yea, I would like to recommend Alberto Suite but seriously, quality and attention to detail has slipped recently. I dont know what the hell is going on over there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A double at Los Jardines is about 1900 or less, but with two breakfasts...No matter, it is a good deal, And remember, I am a champion of Colonial...

Or HBs Studio when available (DR1 ad)...

HB

Fleur de Santiago

Sep 20, 2010
Hotel Monumental on Autopista Duarte. Newly-renovated and about $25 per night. Each additional person is $10. I have not yet seen it, however, several people we know have stayed there without major complaints. It is nice enough and VERY near PUCMM, less than a 5 minute walk.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hotel Monumental on Autopista Duarte. Newly-renovated and about $25 per night. Each additional person is $10. I have not yet seen it, however, several people we know have stayed there without major complaints. It is nice enough and VERY near PUCMM, less than a 5 minute walk.
I toured this hotel today. It by no means is a Platino, Los Jardines or Century Plaza but is conveniently located, clean, safe, no frills and very inexpensive. You can use the gym, there is a cafeteria/bar across from the registration area with wifi and ample parking.There is a nice grocery store nearby and the new La Sirena just down the street.