The Latest Police Crackdown in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I've heard from one of my friends in Sosua that the police, for the past few days, have really turned up the heat on busting working girls and have taken their latest crackdown on prostitutes to a whole new level......:mad:

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
I've heard from one of my friends in Sosua that the police, for the past few days, have really turned up the heat on busting working girls and have taken their latest crackdown on prostitutes to a whole new level......:mad:
YES, to a much higher level. The POLI-PUSSYS love to abuse their authority. Meanwhile, businesses are hurting. Business needs to organize and impeach the Il-i Idiot!

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Hey... prostitution isn't illegal.

I wouldn't be surprised if some lawyer comes along and starts making things uncomfortable for the new mayor, even if the majority of folks in Sosua like her.

It's not the wild, wild west anymore.

The DR really has changed "Big Time" in the last 10 yrs. Busting people for legal stuff to make it all look better for the tourist industry. The cops will never combat the real problems.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hey... prostitution isn't illegal.

I wouldn't be surprised if some lawyer comes along and starts making things uncomfortable for the new mayor, even if the majority of folks in Sosua like her.

It's not the wild, wild west anymore.

Not sure if it's just a Sosua thing. Someone mentioned that they are doing similar sh*t in all tourist areas. Perhaps people from LT, PC, Cabarete etc. could report in.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
don?t sweat it. when the tourist industry withers and dries up like an old prune, they will get the idea that a major portion of the guys who come here do so for the cat. it isn?t like there are pyramids here, or the Sphinx. ain?t much to see. the draw is the poon.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Perhaps people from LT, PC, Cabarete etc. could report in.
progress.gif
Reply Reply With Quote
likes.png
dislikes.png
Dislike

no no one ever reports from those places, sosua is the only place

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I cannot really grasp the problem here... I regularly go to Sosua, and yes, once in a while, I get approached, but when I decline there is no problem... so what is the problem...

I remember a certain hotel in POP, recommended by a "respected" poster here... where I got attacked by prostitutes, told by the receptionist that if I wanted certain services, he could provide them, etc...

I have stayed in hotels all over the world... got mints, chocolates and flowers left on my pillow, but never condoms....

In this fine hotel, recommended by the guy who invited me here for a job, that was what I got...

I do not know... but never had similar problems in Sosua... they seem much more polite in Sosua....

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Not sure if it's just a Sosua thing. Someone mentioned that they are doing similar sh*t in all tourist areas. Perhaps people from LT, PC, Cabarete etc. could report in.

Cabarete is DEAD, but I have not seen any puta raids by the police. More motoconchos than tourists.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I cannot really grasp the problem here... I regularly go to Sosua, and yes, once in a while, I get approached, but when I decline there is no problem... so what is the problem...

I remember a certain hotel in POP, recommended by a "respected" poster here... where I got attacked by prostitutes, told by the receptionist that if I wanted certain services, he could provide them, etc...

I have stayed in hotels all over the world... got mints, chocolates and flowers left on my pillow, but never condoms....

In this fine hotel, recommended by the guy who invited me here for a job, that was what I got...

I do not know... but never had similar problems in Sosua... they seem much more polite in Sosua....
That was me who sent you to see Dominican Billy, Peter, the proprietor of Field of Dreams at the time. The point being you were on your own, pretty much a lost puppy, I knew Billy, a totally stand up Top Tier guy, and I knew he'd take you under his wing. I recall my personal contact got you a discount.

That is what I did: I went out of my way once again to help you, and you now complain about the help. I even told you it was a nice place...and it was...and what the deal was there. And, Peter: I also told you that Alida and I have stayed there numerous times as has my mother. If Billy was still running the place, I'd stay there again.

Kwit yer b!tchin'. Accept good-willed charity when it comes your way.

Sheesh...:rolleyes:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
ctrob opines

Really? That's Classy....

i am not sure if it is classy, or not.i just know that it is a fact.

aguas

Feb 7, 2010
In my humble opinion, I think someone has decided that they don't want or would like to significantly reduce a certain demographic (who's numbers have drastically picked up over the years, to the point that on some weekends, its obvious to even the DJ, because you get a steady diet of 50cent & now Rick Ross) of tourist. My last couple of trips to Sosua, I have noticed a serious increase in the numbers. I don't think this is driven by race alone, but this demographic tends to be younger and more out there than the older gents who primarily were frequenting sosua.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
In my humble opinion, I think someone has decided that they don't want or would like to significantly reduce a certain demographic (who's numbers have drastically picked up over the years, to the point that on some weekends, its obvious to even the DJ, because you get a steady diet of 50cent & now Rick Ross) of tourist. My last couple of trips to Sosua, I have noticed a serious increase in the numbers. I don't think this is driven by race alone, but this demographic tends to be younger and more out there than the older gents who primarily were frequenting sosua.

Hmmmm ... interesting .... so the numbers of those "young" NY/Miami cops, firemen, and public service workers need to be reduced? I suspect that the unemployed, clueless guys are not the ones traveling and spending money. So we must be talking about young guys with jobs and smarts, and maybe guys like my 30 something "first year law school" son.

"...50cent & now Rick Ross..." ... ahhhh, it's the "Rap Music" .... maybe it's too loud for sensitive ears (and no, I don't listen to Rap Music ... but ...)???

"...tends to be younger and more out there than the older gents..." I thought that most were against seeing old guys hanging out in Sosua! I thought that they wanted a more youthful, free-spending crowd. I wonder what changed!

:cool:

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Seen pic's of the "pyramid". I just can't imagine hordes of tourists landing at POP asking "Which way to the pyramids?".

I just talked to a guy I know here in DC yesterday who's on his way Puerto Plata to buy a house after 10 years of research. He never once mentioned the pyramid.

Grey, It was Sarcasm. On the other hand, had he known about the Pyramids he may not have needed ten years of research. (sorry, more sarcasm)

aguas

Feb 7, 2010
Hmmmm ... interesting .... so the numbers of those "young" NY/Miami cops, firemen, and public service workers need to be reduced? I suspect that the unemployed, clueless guys are not the ones traveling and spending money. So we must be talking about young guys with jobs and smarts, and maybe guys like my 30 something "first year law school" son.

"...50cent & now Rick Ross..." ... ahhhh, it's the "Rap Music" .... maybe it's too loud for sensitive ears (and no, I don't listen to Rap Music ... but ...)???

"...tends to be younger and more out there than the older gents..." I thought that most were against seeing old guys hanging out in Sosua! I thought that they wanted a more youthful, free-spending crowd. I wonder what changed!

:cool:

I don't think anyone would have a problem with the NY/MIA cop, fireman, or your law school son, in Sosua, generally speaking these would tend to be individuals who would "police themselves". But I think its that the "hip hop generation" tends to act a little bit different. No knock against the music itself, just the behavior that tends to follow some of those who listen to it. While I am sure that most anyone that can afford a trip to the DR probably has a job, you don't really have to be a cop, fireman, or have a rich father to be able to afford a weekend trip to Sosua from NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.