Need a reasonably priced apartment for July!

UmSulaiman

Apr 19, 2011
Hey everyone! I am coming to Bavaro/PC in July to visit family. I am looking for a furnished apartment ata a reasonable price. In December, I stayed in a one bedroom apartment for what I consider to be a little too much $450 + utilities, which ended up being another $100 and they kept my deposit. ANy suggestions? Thanks.

Mike_n_Val

Dec 24, 2010
How long are you planning to stay? Did you pay $450 for a week, several weeks or a month? Answering these question will help in your search. If you payed this for a month you would be hard pressed to find anything "decent" in that price range, I say "decent" because that all depends on what you consider liveable.

UmSulaiman

Apr 19, 2011
I am planning to stay for the month. That was the price for the month, not including the utilities.

UmSulaiman

Apr 19, 2011
The apartment was decent, but I thought that that price was kinda high considering we weren't near the ebach at all...I guess not huh?

Mike_n_Val

Dec 24, 2010
That is far from high for this area i don't know how far you were from the beach but if you were within walking distance that is cheap for 1 month. Most places will be much more unless you are planning to stay for 6 months or more.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
why did they keep your deposit???? unless it was for a good and valid reason, (breakage/repairs, etc.) I'd say that was theft. Maybe you should deal with a reputable manager or rental agent.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Hey everyone! I am coming to Bavaro/PC in July to visit family. I am looking for a furnished apartment ata a reasonable price. In December, I stayed in a one bedroom apartment for what I consider to be a little too much $450 + utilities, which ended up being another $100 and they kept my deposit. ANy suggestions? Thanks.

You will be hard pressed to find a furnished apartment by the beach in Bavaro for $450 per month, consider yourself lucky that in Dec you found an appt for that amount being its in the start of the high season there. In July you will find the monthly fees lower, however not in the $450 range near the beach. Your looking more around $750-$850 US near the beach plus electric...good luck hunting....you may want to try a realtor or property management company to help you in your search, you will probable find something out of the beach area in your price range of $450US.

UmSulaiman

Apr 19, 2011
we weren't near the beach at all. It was probably a ten or 15 minute ride on the moto, but that is finr with me...as long as it's comfortable.

UmSulaiman

Apr 19, 2011
why did they keep your deposit???? unless it was for a good and valid reason, (breakage/repairs, etc.) I'd say that was theft. Maybe you should deal with a reputable manager or rental agent.

They kept my deposit bc they said that it went to the utilities, but I still owed more even after that....i guess the apartment ended up costing more like $600