Trujillo Assassinated 50 Years Ago (May 30, 19u61)

~~anna~~

Oct 27, 2003
Appreciated being able to read that BBC article. Very informative! Thanks for posting the link!

~~anna~~

Oct 27, 2003
After reading the article, I would definitely say the title of the article is correct!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Yet a couple of our fellow members still profess admiration for him...
Well, the buses ran on time and crime was low...:cheeky:

I was intrigued about the dwarf assigned to "neuter" males...

Jul 4, 2010
Many years ago, in this forum, during a lively thread discussing the circumstances of Trujillo's death, which hit over 20,000 views before it was taken down, I was gnawed by the irreconcilable fact that Trujillo's chauffeur survived the ambush practically unscathed. After a lengthy research and forensic analysis of the events exactly 50 years ago, I came to the conclusion that Trujillo was delivered already dead to his supposed assassins. If there's interest on my hypothesis, I'm willing to discuss it only privately. Mirador

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
he deserved it
That's it? No extended explanation like the following one?

racerx.jpg

Source: http://www.dr1.com/forums/off-topic/114752-osama-bin-laden-dead-9.html

I understand there are some differences between Trujillo and Bin Laden, but the irony is just so... lol

May 12, 2005
Irregardless of one's feelings about Trujillo, he was a huge part of the country's history and cannot be swept under the rug or ignored. To do so would be a disservice. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Sep 20, 2003
Many years ago, in this forum, during a lively thread discussing the circumstances of Trujillo's death, which hit over 20,000 views before it was taken down, I was gnawed by the irreconcilable fact that Trujillo's chauffeur survived the ambush practically unscathed. After a lengthy research and forensic analysis of the events exactly 50 years ago, I came to the conclusion that Trujillo was delivered already dead to his supposed assassins. If there's interest on my hypothesis, I'm willing to discuss it only privately. Mirador

No, Mirador. Trujillo's driver, Captain (later Major) Zacarias de la Cruz, was riddled with bullets from head to toe. He did, however, survive.

General Imbert told me that he tried to speak with Major de la Cruz about the gunfight on two seperate occasions in the decades following the ambush. Both times, de la Cruz refused to speak with him.

De la Cruz passed away in 1999.