Are there many jobs for weak Spanish/English fluency in Boca Chica?

AidanAnderson

Jun 1, 2011
My Spanish is so-so. Better at listening than speaking at this point. How tough are jobs to get in Santo Domingo or Boca Chica speaking mainly English? I have a strong communications, customer service, web production/marketing background.

How does the cost of living compare to the pay in this area of DR?

Tough questions to give clear answer I know. I am grateful for any insight at all. Thanks in advance and God bless!

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
I only speak for SD. :) You can get a job doing tech support in a call center without issue.

Call center jobs are 100-125 pesos an hour (from what I've seen). Your job would be entirely English based. (assume 18000 a month)

In order to live comfortably, you'd likely need a roommate. I'd figure 7000-8000 for rent. 3 people would be good, probably.

"Cost of living" depends on how you are willing to live. :) You can do fine if you live in an area that is "mid-level" in terms of location and safety, etc.

We can chat on MSN/GTalk if you'd like.. PM me :)

PS: Oh yeah, to answer your subject line - Sure, there are always jobs here in SD if you are willing to work in a call center

Last edited:

sush

Mar 9, 2011
yes i know of a place where they need cs reps with fluent english, no spanish no problem. it is in san pedro if you are intrested PM me i can ask them to give me the email add so you can send your cv. - not sure if they need right now -

AidanAnderson

Jun 1, 2011
Sweet!! I will Chat you soon Jeff..
And sure Sush if you could send me that email that would be great or I can send CV to you...
Thanks so much for the feedback!

Are you aware of a good site for finding roommates?

And another question....

So I am also a musician for over 20 years now. Performing regularly for 12 of those. Although I can play most any style of music, are there a good number of venues where "American" music is performed in English? I could learn some songs in Spanish.. ;-)
Small example of style would be The Beatles all the way to Michael Jackson and all in between.

Would you say there are very many venues promoting that type of entertainment? It would be great to supplement my income performing. This would probably require shipping equipment that I may sell otherwise.

Thanks again!!!

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
finding a roommate will prove difficult, in my opinion... based on third hand experiences. You will likely seek out other foreigners. I couldn't even suggest a method, besides getting a job first, then looking.

I haven't seen live music of that type here.... live pub/bar music - I'd say - is going to be local fair.

sush

Mar 9, 2011
send me your email add in a pm so i can talk to him, i will see that person this weekend and ask if they are hiring, it is a very nice experience there - like a call center but more personalized-