Bus Punta Cana Airport to Santo Domingo

Samantha18

Jun 7, 2003
Hi,

I?m planning a trip and there?s one possible flight that arrives in Punta Cana on Sunday at 7.15 pm. Last time I went with two buses to Higuey and from there to Santo Domingo, but that was at 2 pm.
When does the last bus from a) the airport to the station to Higuey (Friusa?) and b) the last bus from there to Higuey and c) the last bus from Higuey to Santo Domingo leave?
Or is there another possibility like an Express bus from Bavaro?
I don?t want to pay a taxi..
Thanks for any helpful information!

Samantha18

Jun 7, 2003
Thanks, but I already searched for the information I need- the last departures..I didn?t found any information about that.

Samantha18

Jun 7, 2003
Ok, it seems that the Expreso leaves early. But what about the public bus to Higuey and from Higuey to Santo Domingo?

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
It looks loke the last bus leaves at 4pm. There used to be a link on the tourism bureau but they've "improved" their website and now I can't find anything.

Express Transportation: Punta Cana – Santo Domingo : Punta Cana Bavaro

Cool, you found my article :) That site looks like crap right now since we are updating the design.

In regards to the OP, I am almost postive that you will arrive too late to find a local bus from the airport. Maybe someone can give you a more definitive answer.

Samantha18

Jun 7, 2003
No bus experts here?

Perhaps one can take a taxi to the Veron station and take a bus there to Higuey. Does anyone know??

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
This looks to be your only option. The buses running to Higuey go much later, to about 10:30pm. But then you'll need another bus at Higuey. Do you really want to travel this late?

My suggestion: get a hotel room in a small hotel as it seems you're budgeting. Next day, you'll have many options available to you, including the Expreso Bavaro.

I would suggest the Hotel Naragua in Cabeza de Toro as it's one of the closest and cheapest. Check out this thread: http://www.dr1.com/forums/east-coast/114232-help.html