spdto5.jpg

2sbs4cx.jpg

35340te.jpg

15d2hzr.jpg

2djthc1.jpg

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don't like having you sad, what is the benefit of Flickr?

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Well it's kinda like the Apple argument...I just think they do it best. Resizing is automatic, licensing of your choosing, visibility options, HTML codes to plop pictures on the web, slideshows, great integration of tools, lots of apps to play, and free editing using Picnik, plus integrated printing. Sets, collections, galleries, tags make it easier to catalog a lot of work. Many others who share the passion contribute and make my experience better as a photographer. A wonderful Explore page to see the daily best work. I pay for premium services and have 18,000 plus photos stored in the cloud. Good thing since I've outlived 4 laptops so far.

Sad only because these children are sleeping on concrete....

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Ken...these are some really great shots, including the ones on BetterPhoto...they have a very unique quality....I don't know if it's the color saturation, the resolution or what, but many of them have a kind of surreal feel..very cool.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Great pictures! Some are very funny :) We, women don't use our head just for that. We can actually think once in a while. ;) Thanks for posting.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ken...these are some really great shots, including the ones on BetterPhoto...they have a very unique quality....I don't know if it's the color saturation, the resolution or what, but many of them have a kind of surreal feel..very cool.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I got active in photography late in life, 5 years ago when I bought a good point and shoot camera. I got involved in a website where everyone evaluated everyone else s photos and was discouraged because my photos didn't look anywhere near as good as many of the others. Since then I have learned that what comes out of the camera is just the first step and that what you do with the image is at least as important and that the others were using better tools than I was to process the photos.

Photoshop Elements is the program that I use as the starting point, but the plug ins that I got from Topaz are what do most of the work. with those filters--especially Adjust, Detail and the new Lens Effect--you can do all sorts of things with your photos. I don't think I have any photos now that do not have something from one or more of those filters. I have a better camera now, but the change by itself makes little difference. It is the software used in processing that is important.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
That's amazing. I can barely balance a glass of water, in my hand that is.

Great pictures Ken

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

That may be, Anna, but you'd hold your own in the last photo, the one I call "Ladies Day At The Beach".

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006

Great pictures Ken

I agree. It is actually a good balance exerice to try carrying a book like this at least for a few seconds. You can try this at home, Anna. I am sure you can make it. ;)